Literacy Rotations are building literacy skills through intentional teaching, small group collaborations, repetitions, observations, play, games, concrete material manipulation, supportive risk taking and student lead learning. The classroom is a buzz activity from each 15mins to the next as the children move through the activities.
Today we had our literacy rotations.
Our letter focus for this week are: q, u, j
Our word focus for this week are: he, had
- Teacher focus- handwriting letter formation and sound recognition
- Roll, read and write- letter dice. Roll a letter dice and record the letter that it rolls on.
- Laptops- finding and writing this weeks letters and attempting to write words that start with this weeks letters
- Sand letters- print letters into kinetic sand
- Teacher focus- guided reading sentences
- Laptops- writing sentences with this weeks words
- Mini Books sentence writing- he had a…
- Sight word bingo