Welcome to Week 2 Term 4!
COME READ WITH ME / WRITER’S WORKSHOP
What do we need to include in a sentence?
- Needs to be a full sentence with full complete ideas
- Full stop
- Capital Letters
Together we corrected a reallllly long sentence that was so tricky to read because we couldn’t have a breath! We decided that we needed a full stop every time we needed to take a breath.
CHARACTER STRENGTH – LOVE OF LEARNING
What is it?
- Holly – If someone loves to learn
- Alex.- Love of playing games
- Jasmine – Somebody loves learning
- Ash – You love learning and when you are grown up you might want to be scientist
- Ann – To listen you can learn and concentrate
We watched a clip from the movie Matilda which showcased her Love of Learning.
What do you want to learn about this Term?
Thank you Ann and Holly for sharing a special prayer about pets.
- Jasmine – Dear God, thank you for my pets
- Mary – Dear God, thank you for my uncles puppy what he’s getting really
- Alex – I have a dog called Chewy and he’s really cute and fun to play with
- Aidan – Thank you for my pets and I feel and that some passed away – Tammy and Goldy.
- Kristina – Dear God, thank you for my pet rabbit because he is cute and I always feed him. Amen.
- Nate – Thank you for my birds then I can play with him and my two birds ran our of its cage. Amen.
- Ash – I am sorry for when my dads dog died in India. Amen.
- Joseph – Dear God, thank you for my pet turtle because I like to play with him.
- Cierra – Dear God, thank you for my puppy Milly and she is always there for me when I am sad. Amen.
- Nevada – Dear God, thank you for my pet dog because she is fun to play with.
- Ruby – Dear God, thank you for my dog it is very playful and cheers me up when I am sad. Amen.
In today’s investigations we continued on with our theme of Place. Lots of us are working on re-creating our favourite places! We also discussed Spring Fair and used this as inspiration for learning!
Our mindfulness session today was a ‘Peace Out’ meditation. We were guided by the meditation teacher to our happy place.
Mary: My happy place was a hotel and I got my room and I saw the balcony and I could see everywhere around the hotel.
Jasmine: My happy place was EB Games.
Ann: My happy place was Candyland.
Akemjot: My happy place was school.
Llana: My happy place was a park and when I looked up in the air I saw a red balloon.
Holly: My happy place was Plaster Fun House.
Nhu: My happy place is the beach because you can smell the sea water and the noises of the sea.
Ebony: My happy place is going to Eva’s house.
Rehat: My happy was a Caribbean Cruise.
Kristina: My happy place was school.
Ashvarn: My happy place is my backyard so I can play.
Tcross: My place was also school and I got to see all my friends and teachers and it made me feel really happy and when I opened my eyes I felt really positive and calm.
Sampann: My happy place is the playground so I can have fun.
Ruby: My happy place is my home.
Aiden N: My happy place is ‘Tonnes of Fun’.
MATHS – MULTIPLICATION
During our ‘love of learning’ reflection, many children wrote that they would like to learn more about times tables. This afternoon we investigated multiplication further through skip counting by 2’s, 5’s and 10’s and the language of ‘groups of’. For example, 2 groups of 2 is 4 altogether. We explored these concepts through ‘study ladder’ investigations on our laptops. We also looked at the symbols we use in mathematics when multiplying i.e. x and =.
SPECKS OF GOLD – LOVE OF LEARNING
Holly: My speck of gold was learning more about animals in investigations.