Happy Friday everyone!! 🙂 🙂
Hows the weather today?
Kurt – the temp is high
Nhu – Its really hot
Nevada – its 34 today
Deakyn -I feel hot today
Thoughts about today’s assembly;
Daksh – I liked the dance at the start
Mia – I liked when it was funny and they went to the fish shop, they had no fish so they just got potatoes
Deakyn – I saw my cousin dancing
Mary – I liked it when they did fishing
Aidan – I liked the part with the dance
Akemjot – I liked the part where there was no gummies and the boy cried
Nevada – It was funny when they did fishing and caught the toilet seat
Rehat – It was funny when they caught undies.
Together we read the book ‘The Feather.’
We used our prediction skills to guess what the book might be about! We used the title and front cover for clues…
- Llana: It might be about a grandma who lost a feather
After reading the sotyr we discussed why the feather changed colours;
- Libby: Because there is no sunlight it might have died
- Jasmine: With no sunlight it was sad an then when it was morning it was white again.
- Kristina: They were stepping on it!
- Neisha: It was sad that it didn’t want to go to the museum
We then borrowed our books for the week! It is super important we are reading at home each night!
Maddox chose our number of the day – 13!
Sampann: We know it is odd because you count by twos and it doesn’t come up
Libby: It is one ten and three ones
Akemjot: How much Jesus loved children!
Cierra: He told his people to love the children
Sonnie: Jesus was alive and talking us
Jasmine: It was about how Jesus cared about kids because they are cute and funny
POLICE VISIT – Jobs in our community
Today we were visited by two very special Policeman! Their names were Anthony and Officer Wood. They told us all about their jobs, their car and how they keep us safe.
- Llana: The car lights up red
- Sampann: I learned they have a camera and if someone is fighting they can solve the problem
- Mia: If there is someone bad you call 000
- Jaiden: I learn that they catch bad guys with tasers
- Mary: I learned that they keep a gun
- Noah: They catch criminals. They have cameras
- Deakyn: I learned not to be naughty because someone might call the police
- Lucas: I learned how they find out how they find out how people speed
- Ebony: They have a taser gun
- Akemjot: They keep people safe
- Eva: They have a computer in their car
- Maddox: Pushed the buttons for the sirens
- Aiden: They use guns but just sometimes and they train for it
We reflected on our Police Learning!
Specks of Gold
Bella: Playing with Maddox on Minecraft
Noah: Being on my laptop with my friend called Denzel
Keren: Playing with Llana, Libby and Kristina
Jaiden: Seeing the police!
Mai-Anh: Playing with Andy
Rehat: I liked the Mindfulness Colouring
Sonnie: I learned that the police can use their weapons only because they’ve done training
Happy and cool weekend to all!