Welcome to the last day of Term 2!!!!
We had a short Assembly today where we looked at the videos and dances from Catholic Identity day last week!!
What are your thoughts?
- Rehat – I thought the dance was good because they were challenging themselves because the=y were nervousÂ
- Jasmine – I liked when my friend was dancing
- Ashvarn – Â I liked the video because it was good because they were like doing painting and tried their best
- Ann – I liked the video because I saw Bella and me in it and my class and Mrs D class
- Sampann – My buddy wasn’t here today so I joined someone else and we played handball and if you bounce it in the cup you get 5 lollies!
- Magot – I liked when my buddy set up a activity for me
- Nevada – Me Cierra and my buddy we were doing gymnastics and yoga!Â
- Holly – Me my buddy, Jasmine, Ruby and Nhu we were playing a game and Nhu came first
- Sonnie – My buddy set up a soccer thing its like the ones with the sticks and he made it and he is going to make Aiden and me one. You get a ball in the middle and try hit the person
Reflection of our time with our buddies…
Today’s library session was an extra special one! We read our last story on the shortlist for Picture Book of the Year – I’m Australian Too.
- Sampann – I was born in India
- Mile – I was born in Australia in Adelaide
- Daniel – I was born in Vietnam
- Ashvarn – I was born in Port Adelaide
- Libby – I once lived in Broome and my mum kept going on and off the plane
- Raf – My parents were born in the Filipinos
- Mai-Anh – My mum and dad were born in Vietnam
- Liana – My mum and dad and grandparents were born in the Phillipines
- Joseph– My dad was born in Italy
- Ann – My mum was born in Vietnam and she came to Australia when she was 39.
As a class we discussed the books we have read over the term before we ranked our favourites! These votes are super important as next term when the winning picture book is announced, there will be a prize for the class who guesses the correct order.
We borrowed our books for the holidays and discussed why it is so important to be reading over the next two weeks.
We went into our guided reading teams and took turns at reading and helping each other. We then had some question to discuss in our groups.
What happened in the book?
- Akemjot – The book was about a girl called Mei Ling and she liked ducks as pets but Annabella liked dogs better. But then at the end Annabella liked both.
- Nhu – Mei Ling liked ducks, when they went to the pond they said that the ducks can do tricks, Annabella said only dogs can do tricks but then the duck swam so mei ling said he was doing a trick.
- Aidan – Mei Ling liked ducks best, Annabella liked dogs. Annabella said dogs can have a bath but ducks cant.
- Cierra – Mei Ling was trying to make dogs sound better than ducks but actually the duck is just as good as the dog for a pet.
- Nevada: The girl was using the learning power of creativity because she was putting a rope and tied it to the roof to make a swing
- Rhoda: She made a swing, the roof fell again and she fixed it.
- Deakyn: She told a story to her dad about why the swing broke and the ceiling.
SHARING – SAMPANN: Yesterday my dads friend came over and brought me watch it is branded Titan by Zoom. They got it for me because there are soccer games happening.
- Nathaniel – I Like it because it is a soccer ball watch and has patterns
- Neisha – Which brand is it?
- Ashvarn – If it doesn’t work you will have to take it somewhere special
- Magot – I like the clock inside because it will tell us when the bell will go
- Jasmine – What is a titan?
- Sampann – It is a little expensive brand
Reflecting upon Term 2, “We are grateful for”…
- Sampann – My teachers
- Ashvarn – Mission Day so we can spend money for the poor people
- Libby – Miss B so she can help us learn
- Natalie – My friends so they can support me when I am sad
- Neisha – For my family and friends
- Magot – For the school so I can learn work
- Jaiden – For learning
- Llana – Catholic Identity Day
- Kristina – My friends
- Mai-Anh – For my friends and family
- Joseph – Maths
- Bella – Shared lunches
- Jasmine – The music assembly and we were in it and tried our best
- Ann – Excursions so we can learn new things
- Mile – Friends can play soccer
- Maddox – Friends
- Justin – Thank you for Catholic Identity Day so people can share food
- Daniel – Catholic Identity Day
- Raf – For my friends
- Lucas – Assembly we did with the whole class which is belonging
- Jed – Thank you for our excursion
MOVIE – THE LION KING
To celebrate the end of the term we put on the Lion King movie – which linked to our assembly from earlier in the term 🙂
They all LOVED singing along!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL!!
We hope you all have a very well deserved break – have fun and relax!
PS. try sleep in haha!!