Welcome to the last day of Summer and of February!
Sampann – Tomorrow will be March!
Libby – Today is the 28th of February
- Jasmine – We done a relay
- Lucas – We did the egg and spoon race
- Kristina – We did target throwing
- Jed – We did the relay
Dreamtime Story – The Rainbow Serpent
Have you read a dreamtime story before?
- Rehat – yes, how do the birds get their colours.
- Ann – Something that was in the past
- Sampann – This is a non-fiction book. It means it is real.
What happened in this story?
- Mia – There was a rainbow snake that smashed all the houses.
- Tcross – the snake was BIG and scary
- Aidan. W – The snake was breaking everything, the people were scared
- Deakyn – The snake destoryed everything
- Daksh – The snake stayed under the ground, its still there now
- Nevada – the snake headed to the West
- Rehat – He went to the west lake
- Akemjot – The old person know how to get rid of them!
- Jasmine – When we get to see the river
- Daniel – My favourite part was the rainbow snake
- Bella – My favourite part was when the rainbow snake came out – it is so colourful
- Jed – It was interesting when the houses got destroyed
Who were and are the Aboriginal People?
- Libby – They were here first on land
- Lucas – There are famous football players who are Aboriginal
- Raf – Like Eddie Betts!
Our prayer was lead by Rehat today – she chose a prayer from our book about being honest.
In the name father, son and the holly spirit.
Joseph – you should not lie
Ann – thank you God for my family
Nevada – You should not lie, if you lie and then tell the truth they might not believe you.
We all shared a special prayer time, thank you Rehat for leading the prayer today.
Warm up : Number of the Day as a group! The number is… Alex : 500
Kurt: it is an even number
Rehat: in skip counting, count by 2s you know if its even
Jed: write it, five hundred
Dion: 5 in the hundreds, 0 in int tens and ones column (place value)
Ann: add on 10 is 510
Jed: take 10 away is 490
Sonnie: add 100 is 600
Daksh: 500 take away 100 is 400.
We were then all given a number of the day to work it out ourselves!!
- Ann – I had to go on 3 planes to get to Vietnam. There was a motorbike and saw my friends and my uncle. I ate things like fish and candy and rice. Vietnam is different and Australia doesn’t have a fair every night. It is really hot in Vietnam. I went for 3 weeks.
- Sampann – I am going to the Gold Coast for a week and even to Wet and Wild.
- Jasmine – When I was on YouTube I discovered cha cha slide.
Today after lunch we had an extended mindfulness session. Students asked to listen to calm music and have the opportunity to draw how they are feeling.
When 2DT returned from Spanish we had our first Laptop Workshop. It is in this time that we will learn key lap top skills and shortcuts to support our learning. Today our focus was saving into the shared folder!
A job well done to all of us who showed a growth mindset to trying something new!
Specks of Gold / When we used Collaboration:
- Mary – I used collaboration when I worked on the laptops
- Dion – When we played games
- Joseph – Me and Bella used collaboration when we played Minecraft and we made a dragon portal and jumped into it
- Ann – I used collaboration when Bella and me played Roblox. We met up together and played.
Come Read with ME tomorrow morning! All are welcome 🙂