Welcome to Tremendous Tuesday July 31!
MUSIC AND SPANISH
2TD – GUIDED READING
Our guided reading texts this week are non-fiction books and are about topics such as starfish, space junk, rivers and pandas. This week we are focusing on growing our vocabulary.
We practiced the song ‘Welcome to God’s House‘ for Prayer today. This is one of the songs that will be in our whole school mass next week to celebrate Mary.
- Libby – Thank you God for the world and the trees. Amen.
- Llana – Dear God, thank you for my friends and family. Amen.
- Kiziah – Thank you for the school. Amen.
- Neisha – Dear God, thank you for music. Amen.
- Mary – Dear God, thank your my sisters and brothers so they can cheer me up when I am sad.
CHARACTER STRENGTH – HOPE
Today we were introduced to a new Character Strength of Hope.
Hope is all about being optimistic and thinking that the best is yet to come. We viewed a clip from the movie Rango.
- Jasmine – They don’t have much water
- Holly – They believe it will get better
- Ashvarn – They believe the water will come
- Rehat – They believe the next day they will be better
- Mary – They believe that the next day the water will come
LITERACY – SHARED READING
- AUSTRALIAN FOOD – What ‘Australian’ foods does Hush and Grandma Poss eat in the book? What foods do you eat often with your family?
- HUSH IS INVISIBLE – If I were invisible I would…
- POSSUMS – What do you know about possums? Research 5 facts about possums.
- RHYMING WORDS – What is a rhyming word? Can you make rhyming book, sentence or record words you know that rhyme? Make a silly rhyme sentence.
- ‘SS’ WORDS – Can you make a list of words with ‘ss’?
- 100 LANGUAGES – Retell the story of ‘Possum Magic’ using your 100 languages. Examples: act it out, make a book, paint a picture etc.
- POSSUM MAGIC’S MAP – View the following link to see where Hush and Grandma Poss travelled. https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=118187507239641970897.000476ef9a764a66831ac&z=4 Can you find these places in the atlas?
- HOPE – How does Hush and Grandma Poss show hope in the story? Create your own icon for hope.
- Rehat – Me and Rhoda discovered all the countries that Poss went together. They were Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Tasmania.
- Bella, Libby, Holly, Jasmine and Ann shared an iMovie the created for the re-telling of the story. The groups were able to make different actions for each part of the story.
We met with our buddies to complete another fun and exciting activity surrounding FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD!Fruit animals were on our agenda…
- Natalie – Me and my buddy made a mouse. We used orange and some mandarins.
- Sonnie – I made a fish out of vegetables
- Lucas – Me and my buddy made a turtle made out of orange and carrot
- Ruby – I made a dog out of mandarin and orange
- Jasmine – I made a goldfish with a different buddy. I made it out of 3 blueberries and a few oranges and a strawberry