- Jed – We did T-Ball
- Ashvarn – I was doing batting and hitting for T-Ball
- Samurai – In sport I used the bat to hit the ball
MATHS DIVISION INVESTIGATIONS
We began our morning with some Division Investigations.
- Sampann – Division is about sharing and you an subtract
Our investigations included;
- Worded problems on our laptop
- Showing division sums using concrete materials
- Donut division sharing game
Thank you to Rhoda and Jake for sharing a prayer about school with us.
- Eva – Dear God, thank you for our teachers so they can help us learn. Amen.
- Nevada – Dear God, thank you for teachers to help us learn. Amen.
- Holly – Dear God, thank you for our school and teachers to learn new things. Amen.
- Mia – Dear God, thank you for my lovely baby brother in Syria.
- Ann – Thank you for school because you can’t learn stuff otherwise. Amen.
- Kiziah – Dear God, thank you for school to learn. Amen.
SHARED READING / HALLOWEEN INVESTIGATIONS
We read through our Shared Reading story which focuses on Halloween!
We all got a little frightened when we listening to the Haunted House being described. We discussed how we might feel if we had to go there.
- Aiden – Brave I would go!
- Libby – I would ask for the balls back
- Kim – I think the lights would go on and off
- Joseph – I would go there and try chase him it would be fun
- Raf – I would take my sister with me
- Neisha – I would see shadows
- Sampann – I would hear squeaky noises and creepy music sounds
- Jasmine – I would see fake spider webs
- Llana – I would see creepy things and I would be shivering from being scared
We used our 5 senses to describe this part of the setting of the story before creating the house itself!
We then had some time to investigate Halloween using our 100 languages.
- Neisha and Ruby are re-creating a Halloween themed restaurant that Neisha saw in Bali
- Ashvarn, Akemjot, Sampann, Raf, Jed and Sonnie are all working together and using ICT to re-create Mr. Stingy’s house
- Dion, Alex and Sukhman are also making the house!
- Rehat, Nhu, Libby, Holly, Natalie, TCross are hosting a Halloween party! They’ve decorated the classroom with so much spook!
- Bella, Jasmine and Ann are creating a real-life haunted house!
- Joseph is making Mr Stingy’s house!
- Lucas and Jaiden are collaborating to make a haunted house using paper
- Magot and Chelsea are also working together to make Mr Stingy’s house
- Holly – I made a Halloween party
- Maddox – I made a house with Andy
- Ebony – I made a spooky house with Eva in Minecraft
- Ann – In investigations, me Bella and Jasmine made a creepy mansion and then we mailed each other in a box and scared each other in the box
- Kurt – In investigations, me, Noah and Jake and Jaiden were building a spooky house with decorations
- Alex – You can celebrate lost ancestors
As 2TD headed off to Spanish, 2IB relaxed by practicing our sleeping log skills! Students have been asking to do this each day! It’s amazing how still we can be when we put on some fire music.
- Nhu – We watched a movie called Coco. It was about the Day of the Dead. It was emotional
- Rhoda – I was emotional in the video because it was a little sad.
- Sonnie – The movie was about Coco but we got to see the part we skipped about hiding in the attic
- Nevada – It was about the day of the dead but its called Coco. The little boy goes to heaven to see his family and he doesn’t know his great grandfather is a different person!
We spent the afternoon working on our Writer’s Workshop whilst teachers read individually with students. Please remember to bring black bags every day.
Thanks for a lovely and spooky day! Happy Halloween! See you tomorrow 🙂