Good morning everyone and welcome to Thursday week 4!
Whats happening today?
FIND YOUR TREASURE – BOOK WEEK PERFORMANCE
We watched a FANTASTIC performance that included all the books from book week. It was lots of fun with songs and dancing. Even some of our class was involved in the performance!!!
What did you like about the performance today?
- Neisha – I liked the story when they read the books
- Kim – She pulled his ear and it was funny
- Dion – I liked the dance
- TCross – I liked the face expressions and it was funny
- Justin – I liked the dances and what they were talking about
- Mai-Anh – I like when she pulled the book
- Sukhman – I liked when they were finding the treasure
- Samurai – When she patted Miss B on the head
- Alex – I liked the dances
Where do we come from?
- Noah – Phillipines
- Sukhman – India
- Libby – England
- Mary – My family came from Italy
- Samurai – Dad comes from Thailand
- Kiziah – My family comes from Burma
- Jasmine – My mum and dad came from Vietnam
- Sonnie – My family come from Vietnamese
- Cierra – My grandma comes from Queensland
- Akemjot – My family comes from India
- Aidan – Phillipines
- Rehat – My family comes from New Delhi
What happened in the performance today?
- Libby – The two countries were separate and then they got rid of the border to be one
- Rehat – There were once two friends and they saw a map in a sack and it had a map of Treeland and Seaview and they wanted their maps so they were fighting over it and it ripped. When they were trying to find the treasure they couldn’t find it but there was no treasure.
We then wrote our own recounts and created treasure maps…
MATHS – MEASUREMENT
Measure the length of 5 objects with a non-standard unit of measurement such as gems, pebbles or rocks. Record your measuring and order from shortest to longest.
Measure the length of these same 5 objects with a standard unit of measurement such as a ruler, tape measure or coloured sticks.
Record your measuring and order from shortest to longest.
Measure the mass of 15 rocks. Measure the mass of 15 blue glass stones. Record their weight. What was heavier?
Look at the mass of the different containers. Are they measured in grams or kilograms? Order them from least to most mass.
Area is the amount of space an object takes up.
Trace your hand in your maths book. Count the squares inside your hand to work out its area and record.
Compare the area of your hand with your friend’s. Who’s hand covers the most area?
Volume and capacity
Volume is the amount of space an object takes up inside a container.
Look at the assortment of jars and containers.
Estimate which holds more by ordering them from least to most volume.
Fill each container with water and pour into the measuring jug. Record how much the container holds in mililitres or litres.
We focused on our breathing and some Yoga for mindfulness today.
Children to share with the class (oral language).
- Deakyn – My favourite food is hot and spicy noodles. My mum makes it and she puts it in the microwave. We get it from the Asian Grocery.
- Mary – My favourite food is pasta. I have it at my nonnas!
- Magot – My memory of food is the one restaurants in Brisbane called Sizzler. The best thing I like there is that you can create your own ice-cream sundae rainbow. I especially like cheese bread. They put the cheese inside the bread! I went there with my family. I was five when I first went there.
- Nathaniel – My favourite food is baked beans. They are these little beans and you put them in the microwave and you have to put them in this cup. And you can put it whatever you want it. Whenever you want to eat them you can. When you eat them there’s this white stuff and its not like hard, it’s soft. They come with juice.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KEREN AND KIZIAH! Thank you for bringing in some treats to share with us 🙂 We hope you have a lovely birthday night.
Thanks for a great day – wishing you all a great night!!