Happy Friday bloggers!!!
What did you enjoy at the assembly today?
- Nathaniel: the start
- Mia: I liked the Aboriginal video
- Libby: All of it
- Rehat: I liked when they were painting the hands on the flag
- Daksh: I liked the flag
- Sonnie: I liked the rainbow colour song
- Jake: the rainbow song
The children were shown the below graph and questions to analyse!! This built on all our data work during the week and got us to critically analyse data.
We analysed the graph and recorded….
As a group we discussed all the different reading strategies we can use when we come across a tricky word!
We then had the opportunity to read a story in small groups. We focussed on these strategies as well as reading with expression. We helped one another with tricky words and used our new ‘chunking’ strategy.This is something that could be used at home when reading with your child. Within chunking, we look for a little word within a big word.
Today in library we read through the story ‘Hickory Dickory Dash.’
Predicting what might happen…
- Ashvarn – It might be about a mouse and a cat going up a clock
- Kristina – I might be about a mouse jumping over a mon
- Jasmine – I think it might be cheese on top and the mouse tries to get it
We then borrowed our new readers for Week 5 and read outside in the sunshine! We must remember to bring our black bags to school each and every day.
Eva – This is my new generation doll, her name is Ashlee. I really like her hair and clothes. I got her from kmart or target, i like to play with her.
We practiced our Mass songs and went through the powerpoint for the Mission Day Mass.
2IB and 2TD are very lucky to be leading the Mission day Mass which is on Friday at 11am. We hope to see you all there!!
SPECKS OF GOLD
- Ashvarn: My speck of Gold was playing with my friends
- Mia: Was playing games with Mia
- Sukhman: My speck of Gold was doing prodigy on the laptops
We hope you all have a fantastic weekend – see you next week!!