Hi Bloggers! Welcome to Week 9 – Term 4!
Can you believe this is our very last week together in 2IB and 2TD for 2018?! Time really does fly by when you are having fun and busy learning!
This Thursday is our last day of school with a normal 3:00pm finish time. We are having a shared lunch to celebrate our time together. We ask that boys bring a small plate of savoury foodand girls bring a small plate of sweet food.
CHRISTMAS AROUND THE WORLD
Here in Year 2IB and 2TD we have many different cultures who celebrate Christmas differently! This morning we explored this…
How do you celebrate Christmas?
- Nevada – My family and I celebrate Christmas by waking up really early then we open presents. After that me and my family have a big breakfast then at night time we have a big family dinner.
- Kristina – I do lots of Christmas shopping with my cousins.
- Ash – I go see fireworks on the beach!
- Lucas told us about how he celebrates Christmas early with his family. He got presents yesterday! Then on Christmas he gets to sleep in!
- Rehat – In India we always put up Christmas lights on our house and we got a walk to see them. We always make our special foods for friends and the special foods are very delicious. We get a big large cake. In Australia I get in my cat with my family and we go to Lobethal Lights. There’s one house that takes up to 9 weeks to do!
- Nathaniel – On Christmas our family, we open our presents and then after that we set up our table that we did last year. We get all the food read y and I help my mum and my dad get the food ready and we cook stuff on the BBQ and open the roller door so our cousins and stuff can come in and play with us. We have Christmas ham.
- TCross. – In my country there’s not really a specific rule that we follow to do on Christmas Day. We wake up around 6 or 7 to get things prepared for Christmas Day. After I wake up I look at the Christmas tree and I really feel like I want to open the presents. I wait for my whole family to come. I like to see their expressions on their face when they open them. I have a sweet breakfast of pudding.Sometimes the whole family doesn’t eat altogether. After that I usually watch a Christmas movie while I am waiting then we open some of the Christmas presents. Since it is on a Tuesday this year, all my family members will come over to celebrate. We eat a Christmas dinner!
PRAYER – JESSIE TREE story NOAH’S ARC
- Ann – We can count how many ays until Jesus is born
- Deakyn – God chose Noah because he helped
- Akemjot – God chose Noah because Noah listens to him
- Libby – God made the world and the creation so everything in it is God’s creation
- Mia – Noah did it to save them!
- Nathaniel – In investigations I painted my decoration. I used creativity learning power.
- Ruby – I used creativity because I made a little animal and home for it
- Lucas – In investigations I made the house with Alex, Kurt, Raf and Noah.
- Kristina – In investigations I was painting my Christmas decoration. I used creativity
- Sonnie – I made a house with Alex, Noah, Raf and Kurt. I used creativity
- Bella – In investigations I made a Christmas dog with Ann, Jasmin and Chelsea and it had candy cane ears and a Santa hat!
- Kurt – In investigations me and my friends were making a big house with bedrooms and a toilet I used team work.
After lunch the early tears met in the Hall to share their Carol performances with one another 🙂