HI BLOGGERS! – Welcome to Term 4!
We hope you all had a very relaxing, productive but most of all, HAPPY holiday break!
First thing this morning we introduced our new Character Strength for the week…. HUMOUR!
- Sampann – Humour can be silly
- Libby – Humour makes you laugh
What is something or someone that makes you laugh/smile?
- Jasmine – When Holly gave me a cat book with glasses
- Akemjot – Sampann gives us funny jokes and Ashvarn as well
- Nate – My brother makes me laugh because he makes a funny face
- Ann – When Bella makes funny faces
- Jake – Try not to laugh memes
- Ashvarn – When I go in a movie and its PG it makes me laugh a little bit because they do funny things like in Johnny English
- Alex – John Cena makes me laugh because there is a meme about it
- Mary – My sister Madeline makes me laugh because she makes funny noises!
- Holly – When Jasmine makes funny faces
COME READ WITH ME / WRITER’S WORKSHOP
Over the year we have used Monday and Thursday mornings as a time for students to read independently and collaboratively. This term we are introducing the option for writing in this time. Students are invited to work on their writer’s workshop or other free forms of writing like for example a holiday recount today!
HOLIDAY SPECKS OF GOLD
- Sonnie -Walking to McDonalds with my sister and going to the beach
- Keren – My speck of gold was going to my cousins house. We looked at her fish
- Raf – My speck of gold was going to my family friends party at their house
- Akemjot – My speck of gold was going to my best friends party. It was at a restaurant pretty far from my home. We went there and came back home. We had cake and candy.
- Llana – My speck of gold was moving to my new house
- Aidan – My speck of gold was watching Teen Titans at Hoyts!
- Joseph – My speck of gold was going on a holiday with my family. I didn’t go out of Australia I stayed in Australia. I went fishing and I hold a big lizard.
PRAYER – BUCKET FILLING
We listened to the song ‘I am a Bucket Filler’ and responded with our own prayers about bucket filling.
Keren: Dear God, thank you for making me a bucket filler. Amen.
Holly: Dear God, thank you for Natalie because when I was on my own she helped me. Amen.
Kristina: Dear God, thank you for my friend Llana to support me when I am sad. Amen.
Llana: Dear God, thank you for making me a bucket filler so I can always make Kristina happy. Amen.
Jake: Dear God, thank you for making my family because they fill my bucket every single day. Amen.
Tcross: Dear God, thank you for my teachers, friends and family for filling my bucket each and every day. Amen.
Ashvarn: This is a book I made in the holidays and it is about dinosaurs. It is called Ash’s Jurassic Book. It is about dinosaurs and how they save themselves from dangerous enemies. These are all the dinosaurs that I discovered. These are flying one, these are land one and this is a water one. It is a facts book. I describe the things. I love dinosaurs. It’s 20 pages. I did it all of the holidays. I also put an index at the end of the book so then you can see where all the things is. Like leaves is on page 5 and 6.
“Dinosaurs tooth is very sharp. It can rip anything like a lion has sharp teeth but a dinosaur tooth is very sharp more than a lion”.
Nathaniel: Yesterday I got a trophy and I won this for doing all of the stuff. This is the one I got. It’s from rugby and people can play rugby if they are good at it and or they can train and they can play the actual rugby.
Firstly, we visited the fish farm and MUDLA. We were very excited to see all of the different animals and their environments. Some of us fed the trout too!
Some of us were inspired by what we saw at the fish farm and used this curiosity in our own investigations.
Our numeracy focus for this week is number and place value. Number is at the heart of all numeracy thinking so we thought we would refresh this through various investigations.
- Number Match – 1:1 correspodnee with pictures
- Snap with cards
- Tower building using dice
- Cover up 3 using dice
- Number Lines
SPECK OF GOLDS USING HUMOUR
- Holly – My speck of gold was when Natalie made me laugh
- Mary – Me, Kiziah and Keren were making the barbies and stuffing them it made me happy
- Llana – My humour speck of gold was when Kristina made me laugh at recess
- Akemjot – My speck of gold was watching Mr Bean
- Ann – Bella made me happy at lunch time and she made me laugh
- Joseph – My speck of gold was in investigations when I was on the red table with the monster matching the numbers