Hi there bloggers!
- Once again thank you to those who have returned their excursion permission/medical forms and an even bigger thank you to those parents who have volunteered to help us out on the day 🙂
- Our assembly is this Friday in the hall at 9am. We will spend today and tomorrow getting ready for our Lion King themed presentation! All are welcome.
- Also happening this Friday is a special Mother’s Day Stall for children to purchase a small gift for their mothers. Gifts range from 50cents – $6. Please see flyer below.
- Libby – We had to hold and pull this thing. You could get like 10, 20, 30, 40 and then 100.
- Mile – Throwing
- Raf – We had balloons and then the balloon wasn’t allowed to touch the floor
- Magot – We did frisbees!
LITERACY – WRITER’S WORKSHOP AND GRUFF
Today we had some time to work on our stories in Writer’s Workshop. As a group we read through our shared reading story – Gruff.
We discussed specific characteristics of Guff.
- Jed – He is old
- Daksh – He is green
- TCross – He is soft and fluffy
We then used a Venn Diagram to show the similarities and differences between Guff and our own toy that have shared/plan to share. We completed one as a class and then showed a Growth Mindset towards creating our own Venn Diagrams.
- Mary – Thank you for people to keep us company like together so we aren’t lonely
- Mia – Thank you for students and teachers
- Rehat – I am grateful for the trees because they give us oxygen to breathe
We went over to the hall to practice our upcoming assembly on Friday! Well done to those who have bene practicing their lines! We also practiced our song – Hakuna Matata that we will sing together to end the assembly 🙂
We used Weave Silk today in our mindfulness time.
- Samurai showed us his ‘cool’ blue drawing
- Mile said that his looked like a dog!
- Raf’s shared his creation and told us that it looked like lightning!
Thank you for a wonderful day Year 2 – see you tomorrow!