Welcome to a wintery Tuesday November 27, hard to believe summer begins on Saturday!
Just a reminder that on Friday we sent home our Beach/Aged Care Facility excursion forms. Please return to teachers ASAP. We appreciate any parent helpers!
Akemjot: In music, we did ‘shotgun’ and ‘Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer’ and after we did ‘Jingle Bells’ and ‘All I Want For Christmas is You’.
Ruby: We practiced our Christmas carols.
Rehat: Mrs Crisp put us in lines with the back row the tallest to sing.
Alex: We did our Christmas carols.
2TD – MINI LESSON – COMPREHENSION
We watched this news article on Microplastics.
We then discussed some of the main themes in the story.
What is Microplastics?
Cierra: It is like this little pieces of rubbish.
Sukhman: There are rubbish and they can cause so much trouble to the animals.
Holly: They are rubbish that can become little pieces of rubbish and the animals can eat it and it gets stuck in them and it can cause a big problem.
Why is Microplastics an issue for sea animals?
Jake: It’s a problem for sea animals because certain items in the plastics means they try to eat it and they think it is food but it is actually plastic.
Aiden: Because they thought it was food and if they eat it they could die.
Nhu: They think it is actually food but it is something that is very small and it looks like food but it is actually plastic.
Children then and wrote down the understandings they gained about Microplastics from watching the news story.
PRAYER – ADVENT
Today we discussed the importance of the 5 Advent Candles and what they each stand for.
- Kristina – Dear God, thank you for making hope and love because people might be loved. Amen.
- Llana – Dear God, thank you for hope so we can hope for the best always. Amen.
- Mia – Dear God, thank you for joy so we can always be happy. Amen.
- Magot – Dear God, thank you for love so we can make friends. Amen.
- Jake – Dear God, thank you. for Christmas so we can celebrate when Jesus was born and it is a beautiful time of the year. Amen.
- Rehat – Dear God, keep me in peace while Advent is going. Amen.
- Neisha – Dear God, I am thankful for Christmas so we can celebrate when Jesus was born. Amen.
- Tcross – Dear God, thank you for all the expressions we use so we can celebrate Jesus birth. Amen.
- Libby shared her Egyptian project using Minecraft, iMovie, pyramid drawings and more. A job very well done.
- Jed passionately shared his project about Ancient Egypt. Jed worked hard to complete research and share some learning in Minecraft.
- Nathaniel shared his amazing learning about Ancient Egypt. He made a Flipchart and also some pyramids in Minecraft. Amazing job!
- Bella shared her learning surrounding Rainbows! We were all so impressed with her research and the amount of writing she included. Bella also used paper to make a real rainbow.
- Joseph proudly shared his research about Lizards. We learned that lizards come in 5 different species!
- Nevada shared her research on Lop Eared Rabbits. We learnt so much about how to care for pet rabbits.
- Aiden N shared his learning on space. We all learned that the earth has 7 layers.
- Eva shared her information about tornadoes. We were impressed by their wind speed!
- Jake presented his research on lizards. We learned that the Komodo dragon is found in Indonesia.
- Nhu shared her learning about the scientist Alexander Fleming. We learned that he discovered penicillin. This discovery keeps many of us well.