Welcome to Terrific Tuesday June 5!
- Jasmine – In Spanish we played Kahoot. We have to guess the numbers
- Nathaniel – We were playing Kahoot and we had to figure the numbers
- Libby – We did this game called Kahoot and I came second place
- Bella – In Spanish, we played this game called Kahoot and had to guess what like 10 plus 1 or something is and it says the numbers in Spanish
- Ebony – We had a piece of paper and picked a pencil and had to make a circle or square
- Nevada – In music we had to get a piece of paper and there were all different types of instruments and we had to to circle the shake and a square around a tap
MATHS – LANGUAGE OF CHANCE AND PROBABILITY
For our warm-up we looked at a the slushy game!
We then split into pairs to create our own probability scenario for the class to guess!
- Jake and Daksh: For lunch I am going to have chicken rice = unlikely
- Kurt and Akemjot: It’s going to rain money
- Nevada and Ebony: We will play with Cierra and Eva = certain
- Mai-Anh and Kristina: Will it rain today? = unlikely
- Ruby and Eva: Will we play prodigy today? = likely
- Holly and Mia: I will buy a dress and have dinner = impossible
- Dion and Aiden: We can poop lollies = impossible
- Deakyn and Aidan: It will rain bubblegum = impossible
- Sonnie and Andy: It will rain popcorn = impossible
- Sampann and Daniel: I will do a bottle flip = likely
- Maddox and Jed: Will I go on my laptop tonight? = unlikely
- Justin and Milae: Will it rain tomorrow? = unlikely
- Mary and Tcross: It’s my birthday soon = certain
- Keren and Rehat: It will be sunny all day = certain
- Rhoda and Cierra: The class will turn into an ice cube = impossible
- Magot and Joseph: Dinosaurs will rains = impossible
- Natalie and Nhu: It will rain unicorns = impossible
- Neisha and Ann: I will step on my kittens tail = likely
- Bella and Libby: Everyone will hug their enemies = impossible
- Llana and Kiziah: For lunch we will have fried rice = unlikely
- Jaiden and Raf: I will have a sleep over at my cousins = unlikely
- Noah and Ashvarn: If everyone will have Robux = impossible
- Nate and Lucas: Miss B will take away Dojo Points = unlikely
LITERACY – SHARED READING
What is the moral of the story?
- Sonnie – The unicorn was getting bullied by boys
- Dion – To not always be what you want
- Mia – She was trying to be a unicorn
We then had the opportunity to create 5 interview questions for Thelma the Unicorn and answer 5 of our peers!
This gave us extra practice in listening, our oral language and the art of forming questions independently.
- Nhu – Why did you want to be a unicorn?
- Rhoda – Why did Thelma want to be a unicorn?
- Aidan W – Why did the crowd chase you?
- Joseph – What do you like about being a unicorn?
- Mai-Anh – What did you want to be famous?
- Neisha – Why did you want to be famous?
- Jed – Why didn’t you want to be yourself?
- Magot – What could be a different unicorns name?
- Nevada and Cierra recorded their interview on ActivInspire. They asked one another the questions and then recorded the answers. They share their recording with the class! It is always great to see new and exciting ways to show our learning.
SCIENCE – FORCES 100 LANGUAGES
What makes this train move?
Jed: Push power
Llana: It has wheels.
Kristina: You pushed it.
Daksh: The wells make it go round and round.
Libby: The bench because it won’t work.
Ashvarn: The bottom is flat so it can move.
Cierra: What Jed said push power.
How do you move around?
Kurt: Because you have foot or arm.
Deakyn: you move your legs forward and then you put the other one.
Provocation: How do things move? Using their 100 languages (including bunchems, lego, blocks, box construction, play dough, marbles, magnets, paper planes and painting) the children made, created and built to demonstrate their knowledge.
What learning power do you think you will be using?
- Libby: Creativity
- Mia: Sense Making
Thank you for wonderful day Year 2. We have PE tomorrow so don’t forget your full sports uniform 🙂