Good morning everyone!
Please remember to book online for Parent Teacher Interviews occurring in Week 9.
Sports Day Forms are now due back also 🙂
Deakyn – Today is the 14th of March!
- Raf – We were using the tennis rackets and we had to catch with the cones and then we had to catch with two tennis rackets
- Bella – We were trying to catch the balls with cones
- Maddox – We used all the tennis rackets
- Daniel – We did tennis!
SHARED READING – A TURTLE’S SONG
Focus – Phonics ‘Fl’ blend.
Words we heard:
Sonnie – Float
Rehat – Flippers
Aiden – Fly and i know flower too.
Ebony – Fish
Mia – Fisherman
Write silly ‘Fl‘ sentences.
Handwriting the letter ‘Ff’
Word you know starting with ‘F’ or ‘fl’
Can you find ‘Fl‘ words in books – record and write your own sentence.
- Jed – Flippers
- Sampann – Fisherman
- Kristina – Faster
- Mai-Anh – Fish
- Neisha – Frog
We continued this learning into our numeracy! After we finished making our name using MAB blocks we made words starting with ‘f’!
We had to remember to use the squares in our books and count how many blocks we use. Jed told us that it is easier to count in tens if you have a bigger name!
Thank you to Kristina, Llana, Keren and Kizia who led us in a Gratitude Prayer today. They shared videos the created of things they are grateful for and also asked the group.
- Mia – Thank you for my mum and dad
- Neisha – Thank you for my friends
- Mary – Dear God, thank you for my cat
- Joseph – Thank you for school
After recess we visited Mr McCarthy at the Fish Farm. He talked about all the new things happening over there. He noticed we had been learning all about turtles! There were lots of the things in the Fish Farm that actually live with real life turtles in the Billabongs like; shrimps, yabbies, cod etc! We had some time to meet Max the school turtle and explore the Fish Farm ourselves. Did you notice Fish Farm is actually two ‘f’ words?!
When we returned back to class we reflected on what we learnt!
Ff and Fl Sounds! + ORIENTATION TO LEARNING CLARA!
We took some time this afternoon to reiterate our sound of the day – F! We used our laptops to show our new learning. Once we had completed this, we finished off our second to last Learning Power work!
- Jake – “One day ago I went to the parade of lights in the city. On the building they showed up a video thing like a camera or light on the building. There was an Aboriginal one and a space one.
We had a look at a video of the lights and discussed how they make the buildings so bright!
SPECKS OF GOLD
- Llana – My speck of gold was playing with my friends
- Sonnie – My speck of gold was going to Spanish
- Jas – My speck of gold was playing tennis
- Holly – My speck of gold was doing tennis!