WELCOME BLOGGERS FAR AND WIDE TO A VERY SPECIAL DAY FOR OUR NATION
TODAY WE RECOGNISE AND PAY OUR RESPECTS TO THE STOLEN GENERATIONS, AS WE SAY SORRY TO OUR PAST, AND LOOK TO MOVE AND WORK TOGETHER FOR A BRIGHTER FUTURE
GRAMMAR WARM UP
We began our day with a grammar focused warm-up! We were given a passage of writing and asked to find all the mistakes, missing grammar parts. At the end of our independent learning time we shared our findings!
We focused on re-reading and reading aloud with a partner this morning. We enjoyed this in the beautiful morning sunshine in the Piazza!
Today in Writer’s Notebook, we explored the importance of using our reading strategy of rereading, to help us make sense of information in order to work on skills and strategies to put it in our own words.
We explored the following website – https://www.deadlystory.com/page/culture/my-stories/national-sorry-day-2018
Provocation: In your own words, what do you think National Sorry day is?
4X TABLE PRACTICE
We engaged with various provocations and a class quiz surrounding our 4x tables!
Thank you to Sue and Susan in the canteen who today provided a very special shared dining experience for us to enjoy.
Today we read the story Sorry Day.
What do we know about Sorry Day already?
- Riya – It acknowledges a day of devastation, because the British settlers thought they were first on the land, tried to kick the Aboriginal people out
What is happening during the story?
- Hong-Phuc – They’re telling the Aboriginal children to hide because the British people are coming
- Alex R – They are getting ready to show what happened when they did say sorry
- Fayzan – Kevin Rudd was the leader to say sorry
- Jai – They’re telling the kids to go play hide and seek because the government is coming. They saw a man coming and they told the kids straight away to go and hide
- Yafet – They told the kids to go back and play hide and seek because they’re confused
- Riya – I would have butterflies in my stomach
- Deng – You would feel anxious because you wouldn’t know where they are
- Billy – Your heart would beat faster