Welcome to WONDERFUL Wednesday March 25!
We began our day with some fresh air and vitamin D! The importance of moving our bodies is as paramount as ever!
This morning for prayer we discussed our Project Compassion boxes provided to us by Caritas Australia.
- Ruby – It looks like a money box we want to give to charity
- Isaiah– We want to give money to charity
- Kayla S – The money goes to all different charities
This money goes towards food, shelter, protection, schools. Today’s prayer surrounded Project Compassion.
A just future might mean…
- Isaiah – A better future
- Hong -Phuoc – A just future is a future with peace where everyone is equal
- Ayrton – A better life
- Devon – They’re donating to the charities to create a better life
- Isaiah – Justice is like being good and helping. Companies give help and food to them
- Kai – The companies might be fighting for them like Vinnies
Together we shared a special Project Compassion prayer.
Today we completed our Wednesday literacy rotations;
- Visual Literacy in the form of an advertising activity to be viewed on the laptop.
- Word Knowledge activity aimed to support our learning surrounding Spelling.
- Class Novel Boy Overboard.
- Reading Comprehension completed in our literacy books surrounding World Water Day.
- Guided Reading group in which students will read with the teacher
Students working from home are also completing this work 🙂
SCIENCE LIVING THINGS INQUIRY
- Nhi – You have to use questions that have more than one answer
Today we began our new living things inquiry. This inquiry links to the Year 5 Curriculum – Biological sciences – Living things have structural features and adaptations that help them to survive in their environment and Year 6 Curriculum – Biological sciences – The growth and survival of living things are affected by physical conditions of their environment
Together we re-capped what living things actually are. We did this through discussion and a class Kahoot!
Together we co-constructed the criteria for our living things inquiry;
Today we completed the first step and chose what we would like to focus our living inquiry on!
- Kayla – Dolphins
- Kai – Killer whales
- Terese – Hampster
- Athou – Panda
Please feel free to ask your students about this tonight!
Introducing PIXEL ART!
A pixel is a really small unit of a digital picture. If we zoomed into a picture, it is made up of tiny little squares that is solid.