Wonderful Wednesday May 20 – Week 4 Term 2

Wonderful (although wintery) Wednesday May 20!

SHARK TANK INQUIRY

This morning we continued on with our Shark Tank Inquiries! Today’s focus was our Marketing Plans! Together we dissected another short clip from the TV program in order to support our own collaborative marketing plans.

PRAYER – STUDENT LED

Thank you to Alex Mai and Alex Reed who shared their prayer based on Forgiveness today. They shared the story of The Unforgiving Servant followed by a Youtube version.

The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant

21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”

22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.[a]

23 “Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of gold[b] was brought to him. 25 Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.

26 “At this the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’ 27 The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

28 “But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins.[c] He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ he demanded.

29 “His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it back.’

30 “But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31 When the other servants saw what had happened, they were outraged and went and told their master everything that had happened.

32 “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.” 

FITNESS – STUDENT LED

Today our Fitness lesson was presented to us by Alix, Olivia, James M and Alex M. We all shared together a variation of ‘Red Rover’ called ‘Marco Rover.’ The game was walking purpose only, as the two students in the middle would be blind folded and have the objective of trying to touch others.

WRITER’S NOTEBOOK

Sizzling starts was our Writer’s Notebook focus today as children explored that narratives do not need to start with the traditional, Once upon a time…

Children explored writing a narrative using all aspects of their writing we have explored over this term such as adjectives, nouns, action verbs, pronouns and speech.

ART – MANDALA 

Children explored with Mrs Harrison the art of Mandala’s with a twist. Children had to initially draw a circle on their page using a compass. For many children it was the first time they have used this mathematical tool, but used their perseverance, growth mindset and creativity to navigate their way through establishing a circle for the base of their Mandala.