Half way through the week already?!
Happy Wednesday everyone!
SPELLING WARM UP!
We warmed up our thinking this morning with special word find to challenge our thinking!
Together we went through the answers to our word find!
BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS – Introduction to inquiry!
What is a good?
- Billy – Something you can buy and own it
What is a service?
- James J – You pay someone to do something
- Isaiah – Taxi driver
- Jai – Barber
- James M – Cinema
- Lia – Mechanics
- Ayrton – Big W
- Deng – Restaurants
- Yafet – Bus drivers
- Tyrese – GP
- Stefan – Butcher and cleaning crew
- Kai – Hospital
Online Shopping – The action or activity of buying goods or services over the internet.
- Stefan – You use computers
- Kai – On their website
- Isaiah – Uber Eats
What are the key differences?
- Deng – She didn’t have time to go to the shop
- Stefan – There’s no traffic in offline shopping, like 3 hours in Russia
- Rachel – You can spend more money on gas getting there
- Eva – Offline you are walking into a store but online you can click what you want
- Kai – Offline might not have the brand that you like
- Ayrton – Online with the delivery you can get same day delivery. It could be delivered by a person or drone
Provocation – What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of online shopping?
Advantages of online shopping?
- Phillip – Convenient for the elderly
- Samuel – You won’t get Corona, you don’t have to waste money on fuel to get there
- Rachel – You don’t have to go through crowds
- Ayrton – Same day delivery
- Kai – It stays open
- Paxton – You can get any food you want from like America
- Alex M – You can use coupon codes
- Kai – If you’re an adult and you have kids you can sit at home and look after them
Disadvantages of online shopping?
- James M – You have to pay for delivery
- Rachel – You can get trouble with returns and bringing things back
- Paxton – Some things can go bad overseas if its food
- Billy – Sometimes it can take months
- Kayla R – Because of online shopping, some people lose their job
- Nhi – Scams on websites
- Alex R – It can make you very lazy you aren’t getting fitness
- Lia – You might have to pay extra
- Jai – The person who is delivering it can get stuck
- Ayrton – Uber Eats could eat your food if they’re hungry
- Samuel – You might get two left shoes or two right shoes
- Nhi – Spending too much time online
- Becky – Your order might get cancelled
- Alex M – You may not have an electronic device
Provocation – Research a company that sells products purely online. How does this company attract customers to buy from their website?
- Rachel – The online find out their buyers likes and dislikes and put an ad for what they like
- Deng – The places could advertise for better arrival of the product
- Jai – At certain times they may add things like discounts to attract people
- James M – Amazon offer free postage
- Samuel – They will give an ad
- Lia – They will get people to advertise for them like they use photos to show prices
- Fayzan – Sponsorships
Miss Battifuoco ran today’s prayer session after recess. The prayer was focussed on the story fo Jonah and the Fish.
3 But Jonah ran away from the Lord and headed for Tarshish. He went down to Joppa, where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying the fare, he went aboard and sailed for Tarshish to flee from the Lord.
4 Then the Lord sent a great wind on the sea, and such a violent storm arose that the ship threatened to break up. 5 All the sailors were afraid and each cried out to his own god. And they threw the cargo into the sea to lighten the ship.
But Jonah had gone below deck, where he lay down and fell into a deep sleep. 6 The captain went to him and said, “How can you sleep? Get up and call on your god! Maybe he will take notice of us so that we will not perish.”
7 Then the sailors said to each other, “Come, let us cast lots to find out who is responsible for this calamity.” They cast lots and the lot fell on Jonah. 8 So they asked him, “Tell us, who is responsible for making all this trouble for us? What kind of work do you do? Where do you come from? What is your country? From what people are you?”
13 Instead, the men did their best to row back to land. But they could not, for the sea grew even wilder than before. 14 Then they cried out to the Lord, “Please, Lord, do not let us die for taking this man’s life. Do not hold us accountable for killing an innocent man, for you, Lord, have done as you pleased.” 15 Then they took Jonah and threw him overboard, and the raging sea grew calm. 16 At this the men greatly feared the Lord, and they offered a sacrifice to the Lord and made vows to him.
What Character Strengths did you notice Jonah needed more of?
- Jai – I think he needed more bravery
- Deng – I think he needed more work on leadership and making a decision
- Tristan – You can learn not to ignore your own issues
Provocation: In pairs, create a prayer to share with the class during the term. The prayers should include scripture and a link to one of our school’s focuses.
Stay tuned to see our prayers being presented throughout the term. We will have a special prayer roster;
- Lia – Gratitude
- Devon, Phillip, Jamie – Judgment
- Jeffery and Arrow – Humour
- James M and Alan – Promise
- Tyrese – Honesty
- Deng – Judgment
- Billy and Yafet – Judgment
- Fayzan – Forgiveness
- Tristan and Stefan – Teamwork
- Ayrton, Jai and Kalvin – Bravery
- Terese and Lolla – Forgiveness
- Alex M and Alex R – Bravery
- Olivia and Sam – Bravery
- Aaron and James J – Kindness
- Kai and Levi – Bravery
- Isaiah and Paxton – Hope
- Alix, Emily and Tori – Perseverance
- Nhi and Bonnie – Bravery
- Kayla R and Eva – Forgiveness
- Becky and Rachel – Judgment and Fairness
FITNESS & VITAMIN D
WRITER’S NOTEBOOK – SIZZLING STARTS
Building on our sizzling start writing prompts from Friday, today we got the the opportunity to use our laptops to produce our own stories! The beginning of our stories were incredible! Even Mr Urdanoff said he wanted to read more! This is the perfect opportunity for students to share their stories at home this evening.
ART with Mrs Harrison!
This afternoon we continued on with using Fire Alpaca and creating our Van Gogh Starry Night art pieces. We have developed our patience and resilience when creating different art pieces.