WELCOME TO TREMENDOUS THURSDAY!!
Children continued to build their growth mindsets, engaging with their reading stamina. Children focused on using reading strategies learnt throughout the year such as re-reading, reading aloud, making an inference, determining importance, and using expression when navigating through a text.
NUMERACY – MEASUREMENT – TIME
Telling the Time
Children navigated their way through clock faces to show their understanding of time. As children progressed through the clock faces, they moved through determining hours, half hour, quarter of an hour, and then working into minutes. Children engaged in each area they were comfortable with.
Children who progressed through clocks faces were faced with the challenge of worded time questions. Using their knowledge, and comprehension skills, children carefully read and understood each question to answer correctly.
Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.’
What do you believe this verse is trying to teach us?
- Deng – You cannot do anything without God as God guides your way
- Jai – Some things on Earth are impossible
- Rachael – If you’re stuck with a big problem and man can’t solve it, God can
- Riya – If you believe in God, and you have the power of him you can do anything
- Billy – With God nothing is impossible
- James M – You always have help around you
- Paxton – If someone says it is not possible but you try and it just might be it
- Alex M – God will always be with you
- Kai – God will always help you
- Deng – God will always lead you on the right path
Deng – Dear God, Thank you for our world and our school, and the opportunity that we have today, and watch over the people in Victoria that may be crying out for help. Amen
MINDFULNESS – CLASS TEXT
10x TABLE BUZZ
Children practiced their 10x tables as a class using a fan favourite game, Buzz.
- Nhi – Gas is inside the bottle
- Tristan – There is fizz inside of the bottle
Why do soft drinks have gas?
- Riya- Make it fizzy
- James M – To make it more flavoury
- Arrow – They use water and water has 3 matters; solid, liquids and gas
Coles Tree House
Coles are running an incredible promotion at the moment that symbolizes our schools focus on reading and writing! For every $30 you spend at Coles, you will receive a Mini Little Treehouse Book; where there are 24 to collect!
We would love to create a class library of Little Treehouse books! So if you happen to have any spare, your donations would be greatly appreciated 🙂 Thank you!