Happy last day of the week! Happy last day of July! Happy life!
ASSEMBLY – 4BP and 2RG
This morning we were treated to an incredible assembly by 4BP and 2RG. Their theme was based on the book, ‘Do Not Open This Book’. The children showcased a tremendous amount of bravery, and their love for their reading and writing.
- Lia – Dancing. Lots of effort put in.
- Phillip – Acting skills
- Kayla S – Super confident
- Ayrton – Humour
- Kai – It did not take years to end
- Isaiah – Knew their lines
- Riya – Lots of humour
- James M – Brave
RELIGION PRAYER PLANNING
Children continued to plan their Prayers with their partners, groups in preparation for leading prayer for the remainder of the term. Children have planned their prayer on a new character strength and are working with a new partner to explore this area of their developing faith and spirituality.
The Wise and Foolish Builders
24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”
28 When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, 29 because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.
Who are the main characters?
- Isaiah – Jesus
- Samuel – Builders
What was Jesus trying to teach?
- Jai – Do not build your house on soil
- Deng – Sticks and stones can break your bones but words can help you build the courage to say what you need
- Riya – Two paths, easy and hard, hard bad things may happen but you will get through it
What else is the teaching in the story?
- Kayla – If you believe in Jesus do what he tells you
- Deng – Believe in me, you follow me and trust
- Riya – Faithful
- Ayrton – Jesus doesn’t want people to do the wrong thing
Continuing and finishing our sizzling start stories on our laptops.
What do you think will happen?
- Isaiah – Maybe nothing because it is flat
- Paxton – Maybe it will go everywhere and be a pest to clean up because when you shake it explodes because of carbon dioxide
- James M – It may inflate and explode everywhere because it has atoms that spread and explore
- Jai – Something may not happen, because the amount of carbon dioxide is reduced
- Alan – The liquid will go in the balloon
- Deng – It will not do anything because we left it over night and it has deflated as the energy has left
- Alex – It may work a little because there still might be carbon dioxide in the soda
- Grace – I do not think it will work because it has already been exposed to oxygen and the carbon dioxide has evaporated
Children engaged in Free Fitness Friday, before we all come together for a large game of soccer between the two classes! It was an incredible way to spend time in the sunshine.
Today children reflected on their Specks of Gold for the week…
INDEPENDENT LEARNING TIME