WONDERFUL Wednesday September 9, how lovely to see you!
BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS
- Alex R – We make profit by selling a profit for more than it is actually worth
- James M – They used a maths formula
- Riya – Revenue minus expense is how you get profit
We were shown explicitly how to calculate and find expenses and profit.
Thank you to Alix, Emily and Tori who led us in Prayer surrounding the Character Strength of Perseverance.
- Billy – Perseverance is not giving up and keeping going
- Riya – The horse wasn’t trained but the owner of the horse kept going
- Deng – Keep going even if you think you won’t succeed
- Yafet – I have used perseverance in soccer, I would get tackled a lot even if they’re bigger than me but I didn’t stop I just kept going
- Aymen – When my dog wouldn’t listen to me and just spin around
We spent some time with our buddies on stage practicing for our assembly this Friday 9am in the hall.
Today we started talking about Procedural Texts!
We used the example of creating paper planes to critique a tutorial and discuss what was done well and what needed extra attention.
- Jamie – The purpose of procedure texts so that people can have a better understanding
- Alix – The purpose of procedure texts is so people can learn something new that people don’t really know
- Jai – The purpose of procedure texts is so that people can understand what you’re talking about
- Grace – The purpose of procedure texts is so people can exactly know what to do
- Riya – The different types of procedure texts are directions, recipes
- Phillip – The different types of procedure texts are board games and building
- Ayrton – The different types of procedure texts are Lego
- Samuel – In games
- Aymen – It is important to be precise so you get all the information you need and not mess up what you’re doing
- Tristan – It is important to be precise so can people can understand you
- Charlie – It is important to be precise so people can build things
- Hong-Phuc – It is important to be precise and clear because you want to actually tell them something not just gibberish!
Of course we went outside to test our creations!
ART WITH MRS HARRISON
Today our focus was on a modern form of art – Ben Heine. This artist incorporates the real with the creative…
We chose our own background photo and began work on drawing a creative addition to it!