Thursday 15/8/19

Wow! what a busy day we had at ELC today…

Log Park– We all started our morning exploring in Log Park, allowing the children to engage, interact, run, climb and laugh. The children were busy creating houses. Joel said “Tesi come to me house, come in Tesi”. We had amazing team work climbing the tree. We also had lots of creativity and collaboration as the children engaged in balancing games.

Ecology– Our children have been very dedicated to looking after Strawberry. Today we decided to celebrate the beautiful weather and take Strawberry to the oval. This learning opportunity saw Simon from HFCS join us. We were able to hold and observe the large long neck turtle from our MUDLA room. We also had the opportunity to feed the fish in the Fish Farm.

Investigation Play- We then engaged in play-based investigations, showcasing our ongoing learning powers of belonging, creativity and collaboration.

Mass- We attended the Assumption Mass with the whole school.

Afternoon investigations with R/1MC- It was great to children actively construct their own understandings and contribute to each others’ learning. They recognized their agency, capacity to initiate and lead learning. The children were able to further extend their learning, building on and challenging their ideas.

Specks of Gold

“My speck of gold is carrying the turtle”- Liam

“My speck of gold was patting the turtle and going to church”- Aisha

“My speck of gold was going to the Fish Farm and seeing the fishes and going to the log park-” Joel

“My speck of gold was school”- Arabella

“My speck of gold was going to church and my sister sitting next to me”- Aicha

“My speck of gold was sitting next to my sister at Mass”- Tesi

“My speck of gold was playing with all my friends”- Ellara

“My speck of Gold was patting the turtle and going to my class”- Ambrose

“My speck of Gold was Tesi and me was drawing on paper” – Omelia

“My speck was patting the turtle”- Arielle