Blind to Possibilities

Blind to Possibilities

In John 9:1-12, A man born blind receives sight. What I find really interesting is the motivation behind Jesus’ healing. When Jesus was asked why the blind man was cured he replied,

“Neither this man nor his parents sinned, he was born blind so that God’s works might be revealed in him.” (John 9:3)

Hence, Jesus’s purpose was to demonstrate that despite the severity of any illness or disability God’s power can cure all. How often do we think there is no solution to our problems? Additionally, do we take the opportunity through prayer to ask God for help in searching for an answer to the difficulties we are encountering? Too often I am fixated on quick solution rather than patiently working through a process to achieve the optimum result for everyone.

Furthermore, through the healing Jesus was giving us a glimpse of the Kingdom of Heaven. I imagine it would be amazing to be relieved of any burdens I carry or know so that I would never have to endure suffering again.

Moreover, the witnesses to Jesus’s healing of the “Blind Man” would pass on the story to families, friends and their local community. It was then written in the Gospel of John so God’s power is proclaimed to future generations. Thus, actions and words have the power to speak to others when we overcome problems. Therefore, building positive relationships with the people affected also has the flow down effect of developing an optimism and resilience amongst the community.  Consequently, a growth mindset when facing their next difficult situation and examining every possibility to achieve a successful outcome.

I believe solutions are achieved by not searching for a quick answer to a problembut by analysing the action I have taken in resolving the situation. In the future, I will attempt to have a clear intent in determining a solution that is sustainable and gives hope to making a difference to the lives of the people experiencing adversity. Thus, never being blind to the possibilities of a positive conclusion.