Following Jesus

How did Jesus encourage people to follow him? I believe Jesus in his relationship with us through the power of the Holy Spirit was committed to developing shared beliefs, trust and utilising our gifts and fruits to continue his mission.

“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.” John14:15

How do we embrace Jesus’ ministry?I would define that Jesus’ miracles, healings and teachings inspired and gave hope to his believers, to adhere to his core values and demonstrated that anything was possible. Therefore, Jesus’ compassion, actions and the promise of eternal life are the shared beliefs that galvanise Christians all over the world to commit to proclaiming the Good News of God’s Kingdom.

“And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you always.

“Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him. John 14:23-24

What are the actions that display our trust in Jesus?

We place our confidence in Christ through prayer, living his word and witnessing to others which leads to creating opportunities where we can encounter life to the full. Often, we experience obstacles as we strive to demonstrate our faith through a culture of listening and dialogue and authentic liturgy and prayer. It is then we need turn to God for guidance through prayer and scripture and trust that we will be given a sign to point the way.

The Advocate, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and remind you of all that I told you.” John 14:26

So, why do we stand steadfast to our faith? I think it is because we draw on the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit to foster our connections with people and the environment and this in turn enhances our lives. If we our exhibiting the gifts of wisdom, fortitude, knowledge and counsel and the fruits, of joy, peace, kindness, generosity and self-control it will determine that we our true followers of Christ and are dedicated to continue his mission.