Today is a very special day where as a whole school community we come together to focus on our Catholic identity.
To start the day Father Shibu came to give a blessing to the whole school. His blessing focused on us all being inclusive of others…we are all unique and have our own ‘signature’ from God.
GROUP HOUSE LITURGY
In our group hose we celebrated in a special liturgy presented from the 5/6 students.
CATHOLIC IDENTITY PROVOCATIONS
The children explored some provocations that reflected our Catholic Identity….
- Catholic symbols on the laptops
- Designing a cross and drawing what we love inside
- Whoever you are story table, make a heart and draw what you love about your friend
- The Bible to read and reflect
- Build a Church with the blocks
- Mass songs, can you make a dance?
- Mandala colouring
- Mary statue, artwork with water colour paints and oil pastels
THE GOOD SAMARITAN
Bible scripture reading and unpacking. ‘love thy neighbor as i love myself’
We read the story of the Good Samaritan.
- Fatumata – when the man walked passed was sad and then one helped
- Scarlett – there were two men that walked past the hurt man
- Yasmin – it was kind that the last man helped the hurt man
- Massa – the man helped the other man feel better
- Abel – he was being kind, showing belonning
- Michael – he used collaboration to help
- Ivan – he used belonging
- Kobe – i think the last man used hope and optimism
- Gurshaan – he used curiosity about how to help the hurt man
Then we got into small groups and acted out the story.
PRAYER – WHOEVER YOU ARE
We sung ‘whoever you are’ song and shared a story.
Our prayers today related to special people in our lives….
- Gurshaan – thank you God for my Dad because he helps me Amen
- Jason – thank you for my baby sister because she is cute Amen
- Fatumata – Thank you God for my big sister she helps me to do maths Amen
- Celina – thank you God for my Mum because she reads books to me Amen
- Ebony – Dear God thank you for my mum because she loves me Amen
- Yasmin – Dear God thank yo for my cousin because she hugs me Amen
- Ivan – Dear God thank you for my brother and sister because they help me read Amen
- Navya – Dear God thank you for my mum and dad for helping me with writing Amen.
HOUSE GROUP SHARING
Here we presented the song to the group that we had been practicing – we did an AMAZING JOB, it was very beautiful to hear the children singing.
We watched videos, photos and reflections from all of the classes. We too shared a video of our learning from the day with the rest of the class groups.