Wednesday – 1st April, 2020

Come Read with Me

We shared our library books before we returned them to the library to re-borrow this afternoon.

At home tip: You can read for 20 minutes with your library books or the books you have at home. You can read to you or a sibling, you can even read to your favourite teddy! Remember to use the pictures to help tell the story and to look for words and letters that you know.

Shared Reading

We read our Shared Reading book Koala Lou. In the book Koala Lou’s Mum says to Koala Lou “Koala Lou I DO love you!”

Who can you tell that you love them?

Emily; Mum, I DO love you!

Nahom; Dad, I DO love you!

Zac; Lucas, I DO love you!

We spoke about how we can show love to our friends and family.

At home tip; you can access this text from home via YouTube; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4vEj8TMkW4

Who do you love? Can you put it in a sentence like Koala Lou’s Mum?

Literacy Learning Experiences

We explored our Literacy Learning Experiences.

At home tip; Have a look at our blog from Monday to see our literacy focuses for this week and to see ideas of how you can access this learning at home: https://blogs.holyfamily.catholic.edu.au/r1gtr1ma2020/2020/03/30/monday-30th-march-2020/

Prayer

Nahom; Dear God thank you for the wonderful people so we can gicve money for the poor people

Kuch; Thank you God for the world and the people that live in the world, Amen

Zac; Dear God, thanks you for the money in the world and we need to help the people that get sick, Amen

Will: Dear God, Thank you for making Mrs Tyrcha and all my friends and the playground so we can play, Amen

Emily; Dear God thank you for my mum and my dad and my friends, Amen

Massa; Dear God thank you for this beautiful class and make God grow everything and the flowers and the tree, Amen

Nyok; Dear God, Thank you for the good houses and the school and the brothers and sisters and the teachers, Amen

Bodhi; Thank you God for the trees so they can make fresh air so we can breathe and thank you for my mum and dad, Amen

Campbell: Thank you God for my lovely teachers, Amen

Investigations

At home tip; This is a time for you to explore your interests through play. Think about what you can use at home. If mum lets you, you could even do some cooking or help out with other things we do around the house. Remember that no matter what were doing we are always learning. You could use Lego to make and build. You could draw pictures. You could even teach a sibling or your favourite teddy something new! What are your ideas for Investigations at home?

Dining Hall

We enjoyed our second dining hall experience for the term.

Library

We went to the library to borrow some new books.

Numeracy

We explored subitising after we returned from the library. Subitising is a method in which we quickly recognise the number of objects in a small group without the need to count them.

At home tip; You can have a go at subitising at home, this video will help;