Friday – 3rd April, 2020

Quiz Time

This morning we had some time for “Quiz Time”. During this time we remembered our Focus Word, love. We spent 7 minutes writing our Focus Word on a mini whiteboard

At home tip; You can do this activity at home, get a piece of paper and see how many times you can write the word “love” in 7 minutes. Can you remember how to spell it without looking?

Art – Response to Text ‘The Rainbow Serpent’

The Rainbow Serpent is an Aboriginal Dreamtime story. It is a story about their belief about how the world was created. The Dreamtime relates to the Aboriginal people’s spiritual connection with their land. We listened to the story of The Rainbow Serpent. We then responded to the story through Art. We explored different mediums and showed our understanding of the story.

At home tip; You an watch the story on YouTube and then create a piece of art work from the story using whatever resources you have at home.

Prayer

Emily; Dear God, Thank you for the school and the whole world, Amen

Celina; Dear God, Thank you for my friends and families and the rainbows, Amen

Massa; Dear God, Thank you for the beautiful people and my friends, Amen

Bodhi; Thank you God for the animals, if you dont have any pets you cant have any fun, Amen

Nahom; Dear God, Thank you for the people who are very kind and very respectful to everyone, Amen

Investigations

At home tip; This is a time for you to explore your interests through play. Think about what you can use at home. If mum lets you, you could even do some cooking or help out with other things we do around the house. Remember that no matter what were doing we are always learning. You could use Lego to make and build. You could draw pictures. You could even teach a sibling or your favourite teddy something new! What are your ideas for Investigations at home?

Fitness

We went to log park for fitness.

At home tip;Remember to stay active and go outside for a little bit everyday. It’s so important for your mindset!

Specks of Gold

We spoke about all of the special things we have done this term.

What is you Speck of Gold from this term?

Nahom; My speck of gold was paying with my friends with the Lego that we have a lot of fun

Kuch; My speck of gold was playing with the animals and making them houses

Bodhi; My speck of gold was using bravery to make the big wall at log park

Celina; My speck of gold was doing the dining halls

Emily; My speck of gold was the assemblies

Massa; My speck of gold was playing in the dolls house

Will; My speck of gold was making dragons at Investigations with Lego

Nyok: My speck of gold was playing with the Lego with my friends

At home tip; What was your speck of gold from school this term? Record is on a piece of paper or tell someone about it!

Yoga

At home tip; We use “Cosmic Kid’s Yoga’ YouTube clips for our Yoga, you can access these via YouTube, https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga

We hop everybody has a lovely holidays. Stay safe and Happy Easter!