We listened to the shared reading text ‘the Easter story’.
What happened at the the last supper?
- Shylah – they drunk wine because Jesus was like his blood, they also sung a song
- Viraj – Jesus give the bread to the people..he said it was to remember him and they sung Gods house at the dinner, God was happy
- Monique – Jesus was sharing food and the wine
- Sahib – Jesus was with the disciples, they are helping him
- Shylah – The disciples are the people that have something to share, they drink wine that is Jesus blood
- Alexandros – Jesus had water and bread and butter…because Jesus was getting ready for the cross
- Oliver – Jesus and his friends were having a big meal together
Children reflected on the story by choosing their own way of learning…
- acting out
- art work – painting, drawing
- writing, making another book
Whilst in play…
- Oliver, Natalie, Monique, Shylah, Angelo and Katherine created a setting for the last supper.
- Oliver “Im Jesus…the wine in the blood, the cup…they were eating some bread”
- Shylah “we have to set up all the table, we need some cups”
- Angelo was busy creating a delicious meal to share
- Sahib and Viraj worked together to recreate the last supper using blocks
- Sahib “this is the food they shared”
- Viraj “over here is the people that are sharing the food…this is Jesus”
- Sahib “These are disciples”
- Viraj “also wine for everyone…Jesus getting ready to go to heaven, he will die soon on the cross”
Using the 10 frames the children have to represent with counters how many was on each 10 frames as they appeared in a random sequence on the board.
We continued our weekly prayer ‘the whole world in our hands’.
Today we prayed for our animals. Animals?
- Oliver – Dear God thank you for my dog that i love Amen
- Katherine – Pray to god to care for my sick dog amen
- Sahib – Thank you God for our fish farm Amen
- Viraj – Thank you for our fish farm and Mr McCarthy for looking after our fish, and the turtle at our fish
- Shylah – Thank you for the fish farm and Mr McCarthy and thank you for frogs and cat Amen
- Monique – Thank you for my dog and cat amen
Following on from Prayer we spoke about animals we love and our pets. We had our books and drew animals in the sea and animals on the land. We focused on detail, adding extra to our pictures and labeling where possible.
What animals do you see? What are they doing? what is in their home?
We sung a number song;
10 frame game using dice.
Roll the dice – how many on the dice? represent on your 10 frame…
We read the big book – ‘gingerbread man’. we looked at the different characters we could see.
We then created a list of things we like to read and write about….
- Mikayla – I like reading books that things that grow…flowers…trees
- Sahib – i like sonic books
- Oliver – i like badguys and superheros
- Alexandros – trains, cars and police cars and a truck
Children then created a plan for a book of their own. This plan will then support them to create a book the following week.
They had to think about…Characters… good character/bad guys!! Whats the difference?
- Oliver – bad guys have black, white colours…their face is angry
- Oliver – a good guy might have a cape, of wear stuff like spider man and iron man…they be angry at bad guys but their nice
- Alexandros – a hedgehog in sonic is a character, he is good guy
- Sahib – sonic is good, you see him help people…his voice is good voice, sometimes gets angry
We watched the year 3’s assembly online in our classroom – fantastic to see what is happening in another class 🙂
Today we went to log park!
We also did some fun free dancing and gonoodle!
SPECKS OF GOLD
- Alexandros – when i did pictures of trains
- Angelo – pointed to the painting
- Mikayla – When we did last supper
- Sahib – when i did sonic picture
- Oliver – when we did running, log park and hide and seek