Welcome to this wonderful Wednesday 🙂
Come read with me
Teachers spent some time doing 1.1 reading with some children, practising our reading strategies. It was also fantastic to have some parents come in and read with us. Please join us for some reading mon-wed mornings 8.50am-9.15am.
Phonics – letter of the week ‘Tt’
Shared reading – The tiny seed by Eric Carl
We listened to our shared reading text and listened out for the ‘Tt’ sound. We then practised writing this letter/sound with correct formation. We also discussed when we used capital and lower case Tt.
What are sound T words we know?
- Charlee – TV
- Alexia – trinity
- Ziggy – tree
- Enrique – train
- Mikayla – teeth
- Jason – tree
- Richard – tadpole
- Naomi – hat (at the end we hear the t sound)
- Mitchell – toe
- Connor – turtle
- Nikolas – tail
- Shyla – tennis
- Charlee – toast
- Nikolas – tunza fun
- JK – tonne
- monique – triangle
- Connor – tank
The children then had time to explore this letter/sound through play based experiences. There were a group of boys that used chairs and blocks to create a ‘TRAIN”
Shaving foam to write the letter T, letter formation, playdough, drawing pictures of things starting with T, loose parts to make the letter, chalk boards, whiteboards and more!! Teachers were able to see all children form the letter and say the sound.
Scripture – a story from the Bible ‘Feeding of the 5000’
What is this? (Holding the Bible)
Alana – its stories about Jesus
Enrique – Its called a Bible
- Connor: Jesus was giving bread to everyone
- Alana: Jesus fed the hungry people
- Mikayla: there was 5000 people to feed
- Alexia: there was only 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish but lots of people
- Callie: There were ALOT of people
- Sahib: the people were with Jesus because they were hungry
- Monique: Jesus can save people
- Chloe: Jesus helping people with feeding them the fish
MINI MATHS – PATTERNS
What is a pattern?
Sahib: something that happens again
tomorrow we are going to explore patterning more!
DINING HALL EXPERIENCE
What a special time we had together today sharing a lovely lunch in the dining hall. We loved the conversations we were having and getting to know each other. This was a real positive time to build fantastic foundations to our relationships.
Reflection about our dining hall experience:
- Nikolas – i liked the Jelly and the rice
- Ziggy – was good
- Hannah – i like my friends and eat jelly
- Jason – i thought it was good because we have jelly and sitting at tables
- Mikayla – there was lots of food and we sat properly
- Harper – it was nice to have some spring rolls and jelly
- Sahib – the spring rolls were so yummy
- Monique – it was awesome to eat lunch and be caring to eat together
- Elezar – it was good food
- Connor – we all sat next to each other on big chairs and tables, it was good because i liked the jelly
- Zachary -i ate lots, jelly…rice…spring rolls
- Richard – it was really noisy, i liked the food
- Alexandros – we sat on chair i had thomas plate
Outside to explore in nature, build our confidence, express ourselves and plenty of space for big movement!! Log park and the oval are always a popular choice!!