Tuesday Week 3 Term 1 – 10th February
Today we read our shared text ‘The Tiny Seed’ again. After reading the story the children engaged in some different literacy learning experiences. These experiences promote different literacy skills including; oral language, reading, writing and fine motor control etc. Today’s experiences were; lift the flap read and write words, creating this weeks words with lentils (picking up the small lentils is great for fine motor control, find and write words in picture books and creating a flower from the Tiny Seed with play dough. Here is the children engaging with the activities.
In the lead up to Valentine’s Day today we had another love prayer. We reflected through song about Jesus’s love for us.
The children shared their own prayers…
- Angelo- Dear God,
- Alexia- Dear God, Thank you for all the families and all the friends and all the mums and dads, Amen.
- Nickolas- Dear God, Thank you for all the teachers and all the caring, Amen.
- Viraj- Dear God, Thank you for the classroom and the house and the peoples and all the people who make money and I love God.
- Callie- Dear God, We love our families and we love each other, Amen.
- Shane- Dear God, thank you for the world and the teachers and the school and the families and for the environment and the town and for our friends, Amen.
On Tuesday and Thursday we play between recess and lunch time. Play is a time for the children to use their own agency to guide their learning. The children are able to explore the classroom environment and resources to create meaning through their interests.
The story in library today was ‘The Return of Themla The Unicorn’. Please make sure the children are reading their readers every night at home 🙂