This weeks shared text is ‘Brown Bear Brown Bear’. On Tuesday morning’s we read our shared text and then work in small groups on four different experiences.
This mornings experiences were;
- Brown Bear Stick Puppets – Story Retell- Oral Language, Story Sequencing, Characters
- Word Work – this weeks words on white boards – Reading and Writing
- Reading – Character names and colours from the story- read and order.
- Sorting and matching colours to characters from the story.
Here is some photos of the children engaging with the experiences.
Today is Shrove Tuesday. Shrove Tuesday is also known as Pancake Day. It is the last day before Lent begins. Lent is the Christian period leading up to Easter, when people often give up something. In the past people were not allowed to eat foods such as eggs, so to use them before Lent began, people would mix them with other rich foods such as milk, flour and butter to make pancakes.
Shrove Tuesday Prayer
The children were then offered to share their own prayers:
- Oliver – Dear God, I thank you for the kids, the people and the teachers, Amen.
- Viraj- Dear God, Thank you for the school and the people and the school and the building and the houses and the God, Amen.
- Charlee- Dear God, Thank you for the friends we have and people, Amen.
- Callie- Dear God, Thank you for the family and the kids, Amen.
- Edel- Dear God, Thank you for parents and children, Amen.
- Richard- Dear God, Thank you for animals and nature and houses, Amen.
- Layla- Dear God, Thank you for the friends, Amen.
We then sang ‘Welcome to God’s House’. Just a reminder tomorrow’s Mass will be at 11AM in the Hall. Everyone is welcome to join us for Mass.
Today for Investigations we had some provocations set up around Shrove Tuesday.
This weeks shared library text was ‘The Wonderful Wisdom Of Ants’. After reading the story we talked about how ants help our environment.
R1JM Single Lesson
Literacy Phonics / Shrove Tuesday Pancakes
We recapped the sound ‘P’. Whilst we drew the letter in the correct formation we ate some mini pancakes for Shrove Tuesday and then drew lots of things starting with the letter P. The challenge was to try and draw at least 10 different things.