We read the Gruffalo – role modelling fluency and expression. whilst reading children listened out for the Jj sound.
- We looked at the ai and Jj sound.
Introduce ‘Jj’ and ‘ai’
- We practised correct formation of the letters.
- We then brainstormed sound words that had these sounds….
- we then explored the sounds through play based activities. We even had the laptops to practice the words.
- We also recorded sentences in our books and tried to remember finger spaces and full stops.
COME READ WITH ME
Children read their readers or chose books from our classroom library to read together.
This week we will be looking deeper at sharing and kindness in light of Mission week celebrations. Today’s prayer is a focus on how we can share.
Watch clip and reflect
- Nathaniel – i liked how the bird shared
- Alex – the bird was trying to eat all the bait from the fishing
- Alana – he was taking it becuase he was trying to give to his babies
- Monique – the bird then got some fish for the dog and shared
Look at the picture/cartoon on the screen….
Discuss: How should the cake be shared? What have we learned about how things in the world are shared? Does everyone in the world get a fair share?
- Jason – could cut it up
- Mikayla – the cake pieces should be the same cut them all the same
- Richard – get even pieces
- Sahib – some people have lots of food, but some people have no food they dont even have a home! but we need food to stay alive
- Viraj – some people dont have a job and cant buy food and then some people have money and lots of food, some are rich people some are poor
- Jason – some people can share their food if you have
- Alana – some people could share the food so other people can have some food.
We played a ‘boot camp’ game’
R1TD went to Music class!
Children sit with their Maths book, pause the clip at watch shape and use a ruler to draw the shapes.
What we know about shapes….
- Alana – I know a square has 4 sides and they are all the same size
- Mithra – each shapes have different sides….a triangle has 3 sides
- Mikayla – a rectangle has two longer sides than the other 2sides
- Monique – a triangle has 3 sides
- Elezar – 4 sides
- Viraj – a square has more sides than a triangle
- Harper pointed to what a side is on a shape
- Viraj pointed to the corners
A time to pause, be calm and focus on our breathing through positive meditation.
INVESTIGATIONS – Power of provocations in our learning
- Socio-dramatic play
- Construction play
- Exploring the outdoors.
- Sensory play – play dough, sand, water, shaving cream.
Thanks for a fun day everyone we look forward to seeing you all in the morning.