Today the whole school celebrated ‘Catholic identity day’.
What is Catholic identity?
- Nikolas – we learn about God
- Alana – God and baby Jesus
- Monique – maybe about God created our world
- Mithra -about temples
- Layla – God and prayer
FATHER SHIBU MESSAGE
We listened to a special message sent to us from Father Shibu. We then reflected on his message.
- Hannah – The world is different, people are different.
- Alana – God made all the people different from each other
- Alexandros – The Church loves all the people, all the people are different
- Elijah – Everyone is a different shape but still like God
- Connor – some people might have different hair or different skin…thats ok, God loves everyone
- Monique – God made this world, people be kind to everyone and love everyone
- Layla – God made every person
PROVOCATIONS LINKED WITH CATHOLIC IDENTITY
- Monquie – “I made a Bible, It was about Gods creation and Kindness and praying. Its for everybody”
- Oliver, Enrique, Jason, Alex, Nelson, Thomas – “we made a Church, its Gods house. We added lots of colourful windows, pillars and big doors. everyone is welcome”
PRAYER BEING GRATITUDE
Mithra – I am thankful for the school. It helps me learn.
Hannah – I am thankful for being able to share with my friends.
Layla – I am thankful that God made me special.
Alexandros – I am thankful for my brother and sister.
Monique – I am thankful for the people who show kindness to everybody.
Mitchell – I am thankful for Eleazar and Jason.
Richard – I am thankful for my family.
Natalie – I am thankful for the earth.
USING LAPTOPS TO EXPLORE CATHOLIC IDENTITY
We created images of God, Jesus and Mary.
We investigated the Church
We made i-movies about Jesus and gratitude
Thank you for a great day – see you next week 🙂