Thursday Week 7 Term 1 – 12th March
R1JM Single Lesson
This morning we continued our learning about the letter E. We went through what sound the letter makes and then how we write both the capital and lower case letter e. We used our ‘Get Squiggling’ video to go through the correct letter formation and then draw and write things that start with the letter e.
R1FD Single Lesson
R1 FD also thought about words that start with the letter E
Oliver – Easter
Connor – Easter bunny and easter egg
Today for prayer we discussed how giving to others can create a ripple effect of happiness. In line with our learning about bucket filling when you give to others, you also fill your own bucket. We sang the song below together and then discussed what and how we can give to others.
How / what can you give to others?
- Charlee- I can give to others by sharing my toys
- Mikayla- I can give to others food so they can eat
- Shylah- I can give to others sharing The Hungry Caterpillar book and share strawberries with Hudson
- Alana- I can give to others candy
- Alexia- I can give to others clothes that they need
- Shane- I can give to others my toys
- Monique- I can gives to others so I can play
- Jason- I can give to others by playing with Thomas
- Chloe- I can give to others by playing outside
- Oliver- I can give to others chocolate
- Layla- I can give to others
- Alexandros- I can give to others my mum
- Dhyani- I can give to others candy and fruit
- Edel- I can give to others my stuff
Today we went through numbers 1-20. We put the children in pairs and gave them a piece of paper with a number from 1-20 on it. The children then had to problem solve to line themselves up in the correct number order. This took a lot of verbal communities between peers to organise their line from 1-20. We saw leadership skills from some children to help children into the correct spaces.
Religion – The creation story Genesis 1-2
This afternoon we started our learning about creation.
God is the beginning of all things. God made the heavens and the earth. The earth was empty and dark, with water everywhere.
Then God said, “Let there be light.” And there was! There was evening and morning. This was the first day.
Next God put a wide space above the water. God called the space sky. This was the second day. On the third day, God gathered the water into its own places. Now there were seas and dry ground. “Let plants grow in the ground,” God said. And they did!
Then God said, “Let there be lights in the sky for the day and for night.” God made the sun, the moon, and the stars. This was the fourth day.
On the fifth day, God made fish for the seas. He made birds for the sky.
On the sixth day, God made living things for the land. Then God said, “Let us make human beings. Let them rule over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, and the living things on land.” God made the first human being from the dust. The first man was called Adam. God breathed into Adam the breath of life. God looked at all he had made. It was very good!
On the seventh day, God rested. He made that day a holy day. The Word of the Lord.
All: Thanks be to God.
Reflections from Creation Story;
How many days were there in the creation story?
- Charlee – 7 days
What happened on the first day?
- Charlee- He created the world
- Monique- Jesus made the light
- Connor- Let the be light
- Charlee- He called the light day
- Nik- He called the dark night
What happened on the second day?
- Alana- God made water
- Shane- God filled the place with water, the ocean
What happened on the third day?
- Charlee- He created all the animals and people
- Harper- He made fruit trees from all different countries
What happened on the fourth day?
- Harper- The sun for the day and moon for the night
- Shane- stars
What happened on the fifth day?
- Charlee- Sea animals
- Edel- All the animals
What happened on the sixth day?
- Shane- The mans
As part of our learning we explored what happened on each day. The children had a piece of paper folded into eighths and created on box for the title and then 7 other boxes for each day of creation. We will continue to explore the creation story over the coming weeks and add to this learning about caring for creation.