‘Th’ Thursday

We started the day off with R/1EN in music and R/1MC doing some play provocations for students to engage in.Activities included play-dough, pattern beads, numeracy pizza halves building towers with pool noodles and lego.

After investigations both classes went out onto the oval for some fitness and played a few games of cat and mouse. It was great to see the students engaged and all involved in the game.

Between recess and lunch we set out a range of literacy investigations for students that allowed them to further explore their literacy skills as well as deepen their knowledge of the ‘th’ sound as the focus for yesterday’s sound.

After lunch students then engaged in more play based learning which gave them the opportunity to play and investigate areas that they were engaged in. Activities that were set up were: string painting, play-dough, laptops, making, games, making, lego, moon-sand and outdoor play

Towards the end of the day students shared their specs of gold:

My speck of gold was playing on the laptop. – Jacob

My speck of gold was playing on the laptop. Playing the cool maths games – Cooper

My speck of gold was playing outside with the hula hoops during investigations – Ajang

My speck of gold was playing with Isabella. Mums and Dads- Sierra

My speck of gold was playing with Sierra and we were playing mums and dads – Isabella

My speck of gold was playing with Awan outside- Mikayla

My speck of gold was playing on the dirt bike game- Chase

My speck of gold was drawing- Sara

My speck of gold was playing with Isabella and Mikayla at the playground at recess – Dimi

My speck of gold is playing with Cooper, Vidal and Chase and Leo play sport.

We all then ended the day with come read with me, providing students with the opportunity to develop their reading skills and read to each other, parents, teachers and buddies.