Tuesday 24/9/19

Investigations & Fitness

We have really enjoyed morning investigations with R/1MS and R/1EQ. The children are able to flow through the village and choose their own adventure. We then went for fitness (fruit salad and stamina running) and returned for our morning routine.

Prayer

Dear God thank you for our friends and lovely teachers – Sara

Dear God thank you for Jordan, Jed and sonny and James and Jacob- Kalil

Dear God thank you for whole world and the world, and students, and teachers and mum and dad – Viraj

Dear God thank you for Miss McCarthy, Miss Matthews, Mrs Stam and our mum’s and dad’s and Zahra and the whole entire world- Dimi

Dear God thank you for the school- Jed

Numeracy: Graphing

This afternoon in numeracy we learnt about graphing. Graphs make counting and comparing meaningful and provide opportunities to bring numbers, letters, letter sounds and other literacy skills to the children’s attention. Students were given the opportunity to create their own picture graphs. This provocation saw a lot of engagement, enthusiasm, communication and commitment to their learning.

Student Reflections

In numeracy I made a graph about ice cream flavours. Chocolate mint was the most popular- Sonny

In numeracy I made a graph and it was about colours. More people voted for purple- Alannah

In numeracy I made a graph about ice cream- Sam

In numeracy I made a graph about colours and the popular one was green- Jacob

In numeracy I made a graph of ice cream. All of them were good- Sahib

In numeracy I made a graph about all the fruit and watermelon was the winner- Viraj

In numeracy I made a graph about the teachers and Miss McCarthy won- Dimi

In numeracy numeracy I made a graph about favourite sweets and ice cream won- Yasha