Monday (Term 3 | Week 10)

Welcome to the final Monday of Term 3

Shared Reading

We shared another funny story starring Frog, Cat and Dog in the Oi! series: Oi Duck-Billed Platypus! After reading, we discussed what makes a duck-billed platypus a curious creature.

Book Week Poster Competition 

The theme of this year’s Children’s Book Council of Australia’s Book Week 2020 is ‘Curious Creatures, Wold Minds’. After a discussion of these phrases, the children started to make a poster for the school competition, which is being hosted by the library staff. There will be prizes for the best entries for Junior Primary (R-2) and Primary (3-6).

Numeracy 

The children were completing differentiated activities involving Australian coins.

Mikayla, Yasha and Aleer worked on a challenging activity. Each of them had a canteen price list. They were challenged to plan a set of lunches for Monday – Friday and total the cost for each day.

Other children were continuing to be coin detectives, recognising and identifying Australian coins.

And others were recording how much money was in a piggy bank and which coins they needed to make a given amount.

Religion 

Prayer

The children gathered in a prayer circle for collective worship. We began by singing a hymn and then we shared prayers.

Riaan: Dear God, Thank you for the Earth.
Kyle: Dear God, Thank you for giving my parents money. 
Athian: Thank you for making Abel because he is my best friend.
Isla: Thank you for friends. Lord Hear Us.
Josh: Thank you for nature. Lord Hear Us.
Eerat: Thank you for my friends and family. Lord Hear Us.
Shruti: Thank you for Riva, my friend. Lord Hear Us.
Bella: Thank you, God, for my mum and dad. Lord Hear Us
Lowell: Dear God, Thank you for all the food, my parents, my friends and the Earth. Amen.
Arielle: Thank you for my mum, my brothers, my friends and my teachers. Lord Hear Us.

Harjas: I love my friends. Lord Hear Us.
Ariana: Thank you for my sister and my mum and dad. Lord Hear Us.

After prayer, Mrs Papillo shared the story of Moses’ early life.

The students then depicted parts of the story in writing and/or pictures. Many are works in progress, but here are a couple of finished images:

Have a lovely evening everyone.