We celebrated Catholic Identity day. Our morning started with a blessing from Father Shibu, he shared with us
“I am precious in the eyes of God” and “God has given me a lot of love.”
We returned to our classroom and The Village went into investigations and used our one hundred languages to explore and participate in a range of provocations based around our Catholic Identity. Also embracing the pillars of Ecology and Pedagogy.
We explored the following provocations:
- Mindfulness on the laptops
- Washing and caring for God’s creatures
- I am made in the image of God portraits
- God’s creation sequencing
- Jesus and the Children
- Ash Wednesday
- Painting crosses
- Nativity play
- Indigenous dot painting and dreaming stories
- Gratitude cards
We also shared a liturgy about friendship with REF, REQ, 1EN and 1SA and enjoyed a shared lunch!