TODAY IS THE LAST DAY OF SUMMER!
LETS ALL BE THANKFUL FOR THE BEAUTIFUL SUNSHINE AND SUMMER MEMORIES!
BRAINTEASER THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX
Today we had lots of creative thinkers who thought outside the box to turn this image into many different things.
This morning we continue with our writer’s workshop books. The children’s focus was to develop the sentences in their books. Some children have finished their previous stories and are onto their next creation.
Today Jevan read this prayer for us and we repeated each line. We reflected on summer and the last 3 months.
Gratitude Summer Prayers- What are you grateful for this summer?
- Libby- Thank you for the flowers that grow in Spring and Summer, Amen.
- Jevan- Thank you God for making lots of sunshine for the plants to grow, Amen.
- Joey- Thank you God for all that you’ve done for me these past 3 months I really appreciate it and I miss my Nonna, Amen.
- Aurora- Dear God, Thank you for all these lovely memories and for a great birthday, Amen.
- Jas- Thank you for the sun and clouds and plants that grow, Amen.
- Holly– Dear God, thank you for all the plants and flowers and water to help them grow, Amen.
- Akem- Dear God, thank you for the flowers that grow and thank you for my friends, Amen.
- Kristina- Dear God, thank you for the flowers that grow that you can water and give to someone in your family that you love, Amen.
- Cierra- Dear God, Thank you for the all the memories I have had with my friends this summer
- Ava- Dear God, Thank you for summer because when I went to Sydney I got to play with my friends and go to the beach, Amen.
- Mia- Dear God, Thank you for summer so we can go to the beach where it is fun, Amen.
- Tcross- Dear God, thank you for this wonderful summer we have had and the sun to be shining bright, Amen
- Rehat- Dear God, thank you God for the things you have made to make our life easier, Amen.
- Miss Battifuoco- Dear God, thank you for the beach in summer so that we can go there with our family and friends and have fun in the water, Amen.
GENIUS HOUR- PERSONAL INQUIRY
Today we started our lesson with this video from Ellen. Ellen is interviewing a boy called Nate. Nate is a preschooler whose love for geography, countries, flags, and more has really put him on the map!
We reflected about the video and what they thought about Nate-
- Zac- I think he is really smart, smarter than Miss B
- Kurt- He was using curiosity because he was thinking in his mind what is was
- Bianca- I think he was creative because he was so smart
- Dion- He was smart because he knew all the cities and countries and he was creative because he built with the lego
- Ebony- He showed all the lego that he built
- Akem- He used humour to talk and showed he was really creative
Questions from reflecting about Nate-
- Zac- How is so smart with the lines (maps)?
- Jevan- Why was he so smart, he is only 4 or 5?
- Jas- How did he know those things, did he research it, did he know how to write?
- Nate- How come he is so smart at all those things, he is smart than me?
- Tcross- How did he remember and learn all those states?
- Joey- I want to know how he is so smart and how he knows all the cities and stuff and how is he so creative and using humour
We talked about what a genius is and who we know who is a genius and how we can all be a genius in different things. We gave some examples of famous people as well as some examples of people that we know.
We then introduced what Genius Hour will be in the classroom and how their personal projects will begin.
Their personal project will need; Research, and Information report, and then 3D aspects made with their 100 languages to make a display.
Today the children had to make a detailed mind map plan of what their personal project was going to be on.
LEANRNING POWER- BELONGING
We introduced acrostic poems to the children with the word BELONG. We created one as a class and then the children had to create their own before lunch.
NUMERACY – Place Value
This afternoon we worked independently on some open-ended Place Value Investigations using ICT.
These investigations included finding odd and even numbers on a 100’s chart, adding 1, 10 and 100 to random set of numbers, making different 3 digit numbers with a set of numbers then answering different questions about these, completing the pattern of numbers with random set of numbers, writing numbers in word form, ordering jumbled set of numbers, highlighting the largest number in a set of numbers.
Keep COOL tonight!