Welcome to Funky Friday March 29!
After a super busy week, today we celebrate all things happy! 🙂
- Jasmine – My favourite part is when they sang Happier and they danced
- Aidan – My favourite part of the assembly was Happier
- Andy – Lots of people dancing
- Mia – My favourite part was Happier
- Bella – My favourite part was when the teachers did a push up contest
- Holly – My favourite part was when they sang Happier
- Ann – My favourite part was when they were doing the dance
The assembly focussed on student agency. What do you think STUDENT AGENCY is?
- Aurora – I think student agency means they take their own learning and not copying anyone else
- Raf – It is when they never give up on their studying
- Angok – When you learn about things like dinosaurs
- Nevada – When you learn new things
- Eva – I think it means that there is a group and they work altogether
- Deakyn – They were doing what they can see and learn about animals
- Ava – They were learning some facts about animals and dinosaurs
As we came in for recess this was set up on the ground-
We had some predictions about what is set up on the ground:
- Aurora- I think the plates with the names on it because its Holy Week soon
- Ann- I think the bread is for the plates and the people is in the wine and the bread is for the bread story
- Ava- I think the bread in the middle is for the body of Jesus and the little pink cup is for the blood he shared and plates are the people in his life with him
- Lynn- I guess the stuff of this is when he was telling people about before he was going to die
- Ash- So I think the bread is his body and all the names are all the names of the servants and then he said this is my body and this is my life
- Akem- I think the bread is for Jesus body and the drink is his blood and the plates are the people that are there for the supper
- Mia- I think its the night before Jesus died and he said bread will be his body and wine will be his blood
We then watched an animated story that told the story of the last supper.
We discussed each section of the story and sequenced the events in the story opening dialogue about why the things happened and how they are present in our lives today.
- Miss B- So after the story what do the things on the mat represent?
- Deakyn- Jesus body and you eat it
- Zac- Its his blood
- Miss B- Its a symbol of his body and his blood. Of course we can’t actually eat the really body and blood so the Catholic Church made symbols from the Last Supper
- Joseph– How many disciples are there?
- Miss B- 12 disciples. There were many more followers but his main supporters were the 12 disciples
- Mia- How did they follow Jesus?
- Miss B- If you think of Australia like Israel. Jesus would go all over the country and the disciples would go with him and travel with him supporting him
- Jas- My brother is about the eat the bread, he is in year 5
- Akem- When Jesus was about to go on the cross did the disciples follow him?
- Miss B- Yes they did follow him and they were not happy at all. We will learn more about this
- Aurora- Did he get any more disciples?
- Miss B- After he rose from the dead he got a lot more believers as. they had a new found respect and belief that he really was the son of God and a miracle worker
- Jevan- Jesus rises on Easter
- Ash- He picked the cross up
- Mary- When I was younger I didn’t know you could still get blessed even if you didn’t get the bread
We used our 100 languages to show what we know about the Last Supper.
MIDNFULNESS – GRATITUDE WRITING
- Lynn – I am grateful for playing with my friends
- Deakyn – I am grateful for my family and friends and teachers
- Holly – I am grateful for my friends for letting me play with them and NAPLAN
- Darcy – I am grateful for playing with the big boys we went with my friends marching
- Aidan – I am grateful for NAPLAN and investigations
- Ava – I am grateful for my mum because she is caring for me on my NAPLAN
- Jas – This week I am grateful for drawing a girl and a boy
- Jevan – This week I am grateful for kind friends
- Maddox – I am grateful for the beach
- Libby – I am grateful for my friends and my teachers
- Aurora – I am grateful for my school
This afternoon we began investigating subtraction.
- Nevada – Taking away
- DD – Taking away numbers and you equal what you think it is
- Francesca – Take numbers away
- Jaiden – Taking away a number
- Nate – Take away numbers
- Lynn – When you get a number like 10. 10 take away 1 is 9
- Kiziah – Taking away
We used our agency to work through some different open ended inquiry questions.
I am going to use humour and zest on the weekend by…
- Joey – Using humour on the weekend by playing soccer with my dad
- Mary – I will play with my cousins for my Nonna’s birthday
- Noah – By walking to the city!
- Miss Moore – I might tell some jokes to my friends
- Miss Battifuoco – I am going to be zesty at the Port Adelaide Power football game and cheer for my team!
- Ava aka Cupcake – I will use humour by watching anime
Have a lovely weekend year 3’s! We can’t wait to hear your humorous, zesty stories on Monday!