Each day we have a lot of important choices to make…
What will you choose to do today?
What will you choose to be?
For example: I choose to be determined! I choose to shine!
- Nevada – I want to be a good friend because I want to make more friends
- Jev – I want to be fair in soccer because it is fair and people just aren’t fair
- Jake – I think I will try my hardest and best to do my best in sports
- Deakyn – I want to play with my friends so I don’t be lonely and bored
- Ash – I want to be love of learning so I can learn things I don’t know
- Mia – I want to be positive and make new friends for people that don’t have friends and be kind and make right choices
Character Strengths – Love of Learning
- Ash – She likes reading books and making herself smarter
- Aurora – She likes to read and she always likes to learn
- Akem – You can see by the intelligence the more they learn the more intelligent they are
- Mia – She wasn’t really shy to ask and she was practicing at home
What do you want to learn about this term? What will your Personal Project be about?
Music and Prayer
Today for prayer we explored the use of music when praying. We looked at the history of music and how new music is released and streamed today. We looked at the lyrics in one of Pink’s new song and how the lyrics can be related to values of being a good person. The song is called ‘COURAGE’ and Miss B thought of the children in our class when she first heard it.
What is courage?
- Ava– Its by letting people know that you can do it
- Anna– Its when you tell someone something and then they have more confidence
- Aurora– Being brave before doing something big
- Mia– Telling people that you can do and then showing people how easy it is
The lyrics of the chorus are…
Have I the courage to change?
Have I the courage to change?
Have I the courage to change today?
What can this mean about having the courage?
- Jake– It means that someone will say you can do it if you don’t feel like you can’t
- Ann– It means if you were a bully you could change and be nice
- Aurora– If you see someone being mean and you say something
What is something you can do to make someone’s day better?
- Bella– Say something to fill someones bucket
- Ebony– Help someone, when Eva is sad I cheer her up
- Raf– Playing with other people when they are lonely
- Krystian– Letting me know that when stuff is scary let them know it is ok
- Angok– Being a good person, be kind
- Noah– Being kind to people and not hurt anyone
- Frankie– Helping people if they don’t know how to do something
- Kurt– Including people to play
- Jaiden– Helping people up when they are hurt
- Eva– When someone is sad be nice to them
- Darcy– Helping someone if they are lonely by playing with them
- Dion– Sometimes you can let someone play with you
- Cierra– If you see someone struggling you can help them
- Lucas– If you see someone who can’t do something you can help them do it
Before we headed off to sport we had a quick Kahoot refreshing our memory about reading analogue clocks before our time lesson.
We used the interactive clock to show how the big hand moves for each minute of an hour and how the small hand moves but represents each hour we revisited where the big hand would be always if it was an o’clock, half past, quarter past and quarter to time. We then revisited how to read where the hour hand is to figure out the time. For example if it is between the 8 and the 9 it has to be 8 something because it is not yet at the 9 and this gives us the clue to reading what the time will be.
The children then had the opportunity to show o’clock, half past, quarter past and quarter to times on a flip chart. They had to draw the hands on each clock and then will continue to work on this at a later date adding in the written times.
Today we used smiling mind to check in with our bodies and breathing and do some guided meditation. We then used some music to continue our relaxation before starting our next lesson.
Literacy – Persuasive Texts
Today the children worked with a partner to write a persuasive text on the topic below.
All children should be able to have a laptop at school.
We had to ensure we had an Introduction, 3 reasons and a conclusion. This might be something we have to answer in the NAPLAN so we are getting some good practice! We will continue this amazing work tomorrow!
Have a lovely night! Please remember your library books for tomorrow 🙂