WELCOME TO WEDNESDAY JULY 31!
A big welcome to our new student Iris who joins our learning community. We are so excited and blessed to have you with us! Thank you SO much to those who have already sponsored us for the MS Readathon! We are so grateful and cannot wait for it to be August tomorrow so we can get reading!
Thank you to Kristina, Tcross, Frankie and Nevada who read this week’s shared reading text ‘Horatio Squeak’ in library this morning.
It is during this time that students get the chance to practice their oral language skills and in particularly reading aloud, expression, volume, fluency and projection.
What was the moral of the story?
- Akem– The story was about Horatio and he went to a party and he had a very good time there and it was the first time he ever got invited.
- Iris – Cats do eat birds and he tried to stop the cat from eating the bird
- Anna – He never got invited to a party so he went to a cats house and they made a party
- Aurora – I think that Horatio Squeak was trying to not kill birds so they don’t get exist. Cats and mice dont really get along and the story was making them get along
We borrowed our books for the week and also the books that will kick-start our MS Readathon!
PRAYER – FRIENDSHIP
Matthew 10:16-24 – Coming Persecutions
16 “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17 Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
21 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.
24 “The student is not above the teacher, nor a servant above his master.
Do you think it was easy to be a disciple?
- Libby – It would have been hard because they were spreading the word of Jesus and people didn’t want to hear
- Aidan – The disciples had to follow Jesus everywhere he went
- Akemjot – The disciples had to go wherever Jesus told them to go and they had to follow Jesus even if he walked on water
- Anna – I think would be hard being a disciple because God will tell you to send messages to sinners and stuff
- Nate – It would be hard because Jesus would tell you to hold stuff for him and follow him a long way and heavy stuff
- TCross – It would be hard because the disciples have to follow Jesus everywhere and that they have to spread the word of God and Jesus and some people might not believe it and they had to convince them
- Aurora – I think it would’ve been hard because on Good Friday Jesus died so what would the disciples do after that?
Special Prayers to God
- Annaliese – Dear God, thank you for everything. Amen.
- Mia – Dear God, please make the world not end in 2030 or 2050. Amen.
- Bianca – Dear God, thank you for my grandpa and my grandma because they are really nice. Amen.
- Aurora – Dear God, please let us read lots of books for the Readathon so we can raise money for MS. Amen.
Together as a class we continued our class novel, ‘The 13 Storey Treehouse’.
Today we read chapters 5 and 6. The children reflected about the chapters;
- Angok – The mermaid turned into a Sea Monster
- Nate – The Sea Monster was trying to get them. Terry went to the shrinker and shrinked the sea monster
- Ann – The mermaid was named Mermaidia
- Aurora – The mermaid kissed Terry and also Andy just wanted to get on with the story!
- Kristina – Terry and Andy were having a drawing competition
- Akemjot – In the story the mermaid was a Sea Monster and Andy saw Mermaidia in the bathroom
- Noah – Andy hit Terry with the big banana
Our Science Experiment today was focussed on reactions and colours! We spoke about the importance of an experiment write up and the different parts that we must include.
MINDFULNESS – Draw a picture of you and a friend!
MATHS – FRACTION INVESTIGATIONS
Provocation: Use the materials around the room to show us these fractions. Don’t forget to take a photo using your laptop!
HAPPY 9TH BIRTHDAY MARY!
- Miss Battifuoco – Mary you always have a positive attitude
- Anna – You have a beautiful smile
- Ava – I am glad you are better
- Krystian – She’s super fun
- Kristina – You’re not silly all the time
- Mia – You have been my friend for 4 years and my first friend I had at this school
- Keren – She is the bestest friend ever!!!!
- Makur – She is kind
- Aurora – She is very responsible and mature
- TCross – She is extremely sweet