Welcome to MMMMONDAY August 12!
We begin another Monday but remember…
This Friday we are having a Shared Dining Hall experience with our buddies in the Centre. We will be treated to a delicious spread of Asian foods. If you have not already returned the permission form outlining dietary requirements and paid the $5 for this to happen, we are asking that this is done ASAP 🙂 We are using this experience as a guide to our learning for the week with a theme of FOOD!
Provocation: Choose 3 Character Strengths and match a food to them. Explain your choices!
- Miss B – I think for appreciation of beauty and excellence you could had have a donut because donuts are beautiful and taste excellent!
- Andy – Love is an orange because I love oranges
- Holly – Teamwork can be grapes because they are stuck together
- Angok – Love is KFC because I love KFC
- Ann – Noodles for a long, good healthy life for kindness
- Ava – Love of learning can be instant noodles because I love to eat them
- Jas – Love can be candy hearts because you love someone
- Bianca – For honesty I have a tomato because their are vitamins in there and help your brain
- Ebony – An ice-cream for bravery because it will not melt
- Nevada – A strawberry for love because it is red like a heart and it can be an odd shape like a heart
- Jake – I did McNuggets for kindness because you can share the food!
- Aidan – I think for bravery you can have a lemon because you have to be brave to eat a lemon
- Will – A pizza for teamwork because it is stuck together!
- Kyrstian- Kindness for ice cream because it is delicious.
- Cierra- Humour is sour patch kids because they give me energy.
- Eva- Humous is mega sour lollies because they make me go crazy.
- Lara- Love is hot coco because its warm.
- Jaiden- Love is gummy bears because it makes me feel good when I eat it.
- Raf- Sushi is bravery because it has a lot of things in it that make me confident.
- Libby- Love is subway cookies because they are nice and I love them.
- Nate- Zest is chilly noodles because they are hot and they make you go crazy.
- Mia- Sushi is fairness because each sushi taste the same.
- Kristina- Sushi is fairness because sushi is made out of fish and fish is always fair.
- Mason- Zest is candy because candy gives you energy.
- Lucas- Creativity is a banana because it is brain food that helps you think.
- Joey- Zest is hot chips because I like to eat them.
- Dion- Zest is warheads because it makes you crazy.
- Noah- Love is chocolate because it is yummy.
- Akem- Zest is sugar because it makes me feel silly inside.
- Mary- Love is learning is a sandwich because it makes me feel more smart.
- Rho- Kindness is cake because it is warm.
- Frankie- Creativity is cake because you can decorate it.
- TT- Curiosity is gummies because gummies are always chewing for new ideas.
- Raf – We were playing recorders and new songs
- Nate – We were playing the recorders and we learned things with the books
Matthew 14:13-21 – Jesus Feeds the Five Thousand
13 When Jesus heard what had happened, he withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place. Hearing of this, the crowds followed him on foot from the towns.14 When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.
15 As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a remote place, and it’s already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food.”
16 Jesus replied, “They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat.”
17 “We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish,” they answered.
18 “Bring them here to me,” he said. 19 And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. 20 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 21 The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children.
What happened in the story?
- Akemjot – He prayed to God and some food came down
- Libby – He had 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish and he blessed it and more bread and fish came
- Makur – He put the food on the floor and blessed them up to heaven and then it became more
- Jevan – He blessed the food to make more
- Nate – He blessed it and then he cracked it in halves to give to disciples an the disciples gave it to the crowd
- Aidan – He blessed the fish and then there became more and disciples put it in baskets
- Ava – He blessed it and then somehow divided it into some pieces for them to feed the crowd
- Libby – He blessed it to God and then I think God saw there there were a bunch of people who were hungry and so he made more of it
- Akemjot – I think God listened because Jesus was a kind person and God helps kind people so he sent more bread and fish down
Today, as agents of our own learning, we planned the who, what, when and where of our investigative play.
We also checked in with the teachers and updated our list of books we have read for the Readathon. We have read over 100!! Less than 200 to go until we reach our goal.
What Character Strengths did you use in your investigations?
- Akemjot – I used creativity because I tried a self-portrait of myself and I finished it just before we had to clean up
- Deakyn – I used perseverance when me and Aidan were trying to draw Pokemon
- Joey – I used teamwork because I built a boat with Nate
- Kristina – I used creativity because I used the blocks that were in the block area
- Kurt – We used kindness, creativity, teamwork, social intelligence and perseverance to make an iMovie
- Maddox – I used teamwork to play a game
We calmed our bodies and minds ready for learning by watching a video about a chocolate factory!
LITERACY -5 FOOD GROUPS
As a class we discussed that we understood all foods can be put into 5 different groups. We thought hard about what food groups we knew…
- Noah – Dairy
- Tcross – Fruit and Vegetables
- What are the 5 food groups? Write a sentence to explain each of them.
- Sort the foods into the appropriate food group
Just a reminder that our MS Readathon is still happening!!! 🙂 Thank you so much to those who have already donated – we appreciate every single cent! We have read over 100 books and have no intention of stopping any time soon!