IT’S TASTY TUESDAY!!!!
BRAIN TEASER – TELL ME A STORY – CREATIVE WRITING
LITERACY- SHARING STORIES TO EACH OTHER
The children practiced their reading skills by reading the stories they wrote in brain teaser to a partner. In this time they are able to hear whether their stories make sense when read aloud and are also able to share with someone else their creativity with story writing.
Prayer before meals…
Round this table, here to pray
First we thank you for the day
For our family and our friends
Gifts of grace that heaven lends
Living water, daily bread
Countless blessings our God sends
Thank you, Jesus, for them all
For the great ones and the small
When we’re happy, when we’re sad
On the good days and the bad
We are grateful, we are glad
Why is it important to pray before eating?
- Lynn- It is because you have to be grateful for the food you have
- Makur- Bless the food
- Bianca- You should be grateful for what you are given
- Ava- You should be happy with what you are given because you get food and the homeless don’t get good
- Aidan- You should bless what you get
- Ash- You should be proud of what food you get and what you eat because some people don’t get that
- Krissy- You should be thankful for the food you have been given and you can’t just put it in the bin or it is a waste of money
- TT- You should say thank you and be grateful you even have food
- Frankie- You should be grateful for the food you have because some people don’t get to eat dinner
- Rho- You should be happy for what food you get and it doesn’t matter what it is but don’t waste it
- Mia- You have to be grateful for what you go because your mum and dad might not always be able to afford it and the poor might like to eat it even if you don’t
- Libby- Be very grateful because some people in the world only get one piece of food a day
What is poetry?
- Jake- I think poetry is when your hand is on something and then you spin it around
- Cierra- It is when you write to someone you love
- Aidan- Poetry is rhyming to someone in a note
- Ann- Poetry is when you write something like roses are red violets are blue
- Ava- Rhyming song
- Libby- I think it is a letter that you write to someone that rhymes and you write something nice about them
We opened dialogue about what we know about poetry and the different types of poetry. Today we are working on rhyming poetry. We used the rhyme ‘Humpty Dumpty’ to unpack rhyme. We read the rhyme together and then picked out the words that rhyme.
This afternoon the children wrote a poem about food. They needed to try and include 6 lines and include rhyme.