Welcome to August 14!
- Lynn – We learnt about different colours
Our focus story for today’s library session was ‘‘Goat on a Boat“!. This story was a wonderful example of rhyme and also related back to this weeks theme on food.
What was the moral of the story or what character strengths did you hear in the story?
- Raf- The used kindness because they let the other animals into their land
- Rho- The moral of the story was that you have to share with other people
- Mia- One of the character strengths was social intelligence because the sheep were teaching each other to share and another was kindness because they said everyone was welcome
- Libby- Most of the sheep used kindness to let the others on their land but the boss didn’t and then he ended up missing out
- Krystian- They used bravery because they wanted to have another friend
- Raf- They were using perseverance when going up to the rocks
- Nate- They used hope as they hope they didn’t fall off the rocks
- Libby- The goat used bravery so he could try and jump on the rocks
- Noah- Bravery because they didn’t know what was up there
- Iris – The goats were in still grass and one didn’t want any and the goat could jump very high
- Jevan – It was set on an island
- Ava – I heard that there was a volcano on the island
Thanks to Miss Moore and Miss Battifuoco and Ann for reading the story to each class. We have been focusing on our reading aloud strategies and both Miss Moore and — showed an amazing growth mindset to these. Great fluency, expression and volume were all on show!
This week something very special might be happening in Miss Battifuoco’s family. There is a baby due! Her brother and his wife are expecting their first baby. Today for prayer we read through the story of Jesus’ birth.
The Birth of Jesus Christ
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ[a] took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed[b] to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child from the Holy Spirit. 19 And her husband Joseph, being a just man and unwilling to put her to shame, resolved to divorce her quietly. 20 But as he considered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.” 22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet:
23 “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and they shall call his name Immanuel”
(which means, God with us). 24 When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife, 25 but knew her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.
Special prayers for Baby Battifuoco;
- Miss Battifuoco – Dear God, please watch carefully over Isabella as she brings a little miracle into the world. Please make sure she is safe and baby Batt is the happiest, healthiest baby in the world! Amen.
- Miss Moore – Dear God, please guide Isabella and Daniel to become the best parents they can be and support Isabella as she brings Baby Batt into the world. Amen.
- Aurora – Dear God, please look after Isabella and Daniel as they become lovely parents and please look over Baby Batt and that he is happy, healthy and always has a smile. Amen.
- Libby – Dear God, please make sure that the baby is healthy and doesn’t have any illnesses when it is born or older. Amen.
- Lynn – Dear God, please take care of Baby Batt because I want him to be a safe baby and I don’t want anything to happen so anything is wrong. Please let the baby be safe. Amen.
- Anna – Dear God, I hope that Baby Batt won’t have any illnesses or conditions even if its a boy or girl I bet Isabella and Daniel will take care of them really well. Amen.
- Jas – Dear God, help Isabella to give birth and nothing goes wrong and I hope the baby is healthy. Amen.
- Holly – Dear God, please look over Isabella when she gives brith to Baby Batt and please look over the baby to make sure she or he is healthy and strong. Amen.
- Cierra – Dear God, please look after them while they’re having a baby. Amen.
- Tcross – Dear God, please look after Isabella while she has her birth to give Baby Batt happily and all of them to be safe. And for Miss Battifuoco to be a wonderful aunty. Amen.
- Bianca – Dear God, I hope Isabella is a good mum and the baby is safe. Amen.
- Ava – Dear God, make sure that Baby Batt has a happy life and has lots of friends. Amen.
What do we think it will be? A healthy baby boy or a healthy baby girl?
- We moved to one the side of the room we though – boy or girl!. 9 girl votes VS 31 boy votes. We can’t wait to find out!!! 🙂
Together we read through the next few chapters of our exciting class novel…
Keeping with the theme of food, today we attempted to make sultanas dance!!! How on earth do you make a sultana you might ask…
- Jake – My raisin in the sparkling water had LOADS o bubbles. The normal water had not many bubbles so it didn’t make the sultana dance.
- Iris – The sultana sunk in the water and jumped in the fizzy water
- Ann – It looked like the sultana was glued on the fizzy water then got unglued
- Kurt – In the fizzy water it kind of looked like it was levitating
- Lynn – It sunk in the fizzy but went a little higher
- Ebony – It went up and down and danced a bit in the fizzy
- Deakyn – The fizzynes made the sultana jump around
- Holly – The fizzy sultanas kept going up and down and the first and second sultana moved too much and then they ended up together kissing
- Aidan – The normal water didn’t move an inch
MINDFULNESS – SLEEPING SAUSAGES
3JM worked on their assembly with their buddies today. They read the story Hello Mr Moon and then the children used their 100 languages to research and present 5 moon facts. The children will be presenting this at the assembly in week 8.
3IB worked on their assembly with their buddies today. They did some ART…..
REMINDER FRIDAY IS DINING HALL SHARED LUNCH.
THE CHILDREN NEED TO BRING A PLATE TO EAT OFF AND A FORK TO EAT WITH IF THEY DO NOT WANT TO EAT WITH CHOP STICKS OTHERWISE THEY WILL BE PROVIDED WITH CHOP STICKS TO EAT WITH.
PLEASE PROVIDE THEM WITH NORMAL FRUIT AND RECESS.