Think about a food you don’t like… how could you use a growth mindset to try it?
Why is it important to eat healthy/ mix up your diet?
This weeks art provocation is the book ‘The Dot’.
The children were all given a piece of paper with a random dot somewhere on their page. They then had to use this as a base for their art. This is what they came up with…
What was Vashti’s mindset at the start of the story;
- Nate- She didn’t believe in her self that she could draw
- Rho- She used a fixed mindset
- Jevan – She used a fixed mindset because she said she couldn’t draw
- Libby- She used a fixed mindset because she was saying she didn’t know how to draw or how to paint
- Holly- She was using a fixed mindset because she said she could only draw a small little dot
- Aurora- She used a fixed mindset because she didn’t think she could draw and she was not using enough creativity
How did mindset change;
- Annaliese- She kept on trying and never stopped
- Ash- She kept on trying to do what the teacher said and it actually came true and she was surprised
- Nate- She started from a little dot to a bigger dot and then an even bigger dot and she kept going
- Holly- She kept on trying and she had so many dots that she made an art show
- Kurt- The teacher told her to preserve
- Ava- She used a growth mindset by keep on trying and never giving up and she used creativity to make lots of dots and she used perseverance to keep going on making dots
- Anna- She followed the teachers instructions and made a dot and then kept making more dots
- Mia- She taught her self that she can become a real artist and used perseverance
- Aurora- She followed the teacher and then the teacher kind of tricked her and then she saw the dot and Vashti started making more
Today Ash and Lucas and Mrs H shared about a special day that is today in their culture.
Rakhi is a day to celebrate brothers and sister. Rakhi is a day in Indian culture where a ceremony takes place and brother’s are given a special bracelet to wear as a reminder to protect their sisters for the following year.
Today we had the assumption of Mary Mass.
This afternoon we worked on angles again. The children had to create a picture with angles. They all did a great job.