FUTURE Friday September 19
ASSEMBLY AND REFLECTIONS
Today’s assembly was by Mr Winter, Mrs Harrison and Mrs Martin’s classes. What learning powers did you see in the Assembly?
- Angok – I saw creativity by them making the doors
- Mia – I saw collaboration, how they were working together
- Ann – I saw belonging because they were including everyone in
- Darcy – I saw creativity, building all the faces with teachers
- Bianca – I saw hope and optimism by the little kids speaking
- Iris – They were really brave to go up on the stage
- Tcross – I saw curiosity when the doors were going to open and people were guessing what was inside
- Raf – I saw creativity when they were playing the videos in reverse
- Kurt – I saw collaboration and creativity when they were making the teachers in Minecraft
- Anna – I saw creativity when they were doing the reverse things
- Ava – I think I saw mindful agency when all the teachers were in after hours doing stuff like talking
- Joey – I saw mindful agency when they were doing the Parkour in Minecraft
What does the in mean when we make the sign of the cross?
- Joey- I think when we say the Father and the Son it means God and Jesus
- Rho- I think when it says in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit- the Father means God, the Son means Jesus and the Holy Spirit means everybody.
- Aurora- I think when it says in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit- the Father means God, the Son means Jesus and the Holy Spirit means the bible.
- Iris- I think when you say Amen it means thank you God
- Aidan- I think Father means God, the Son means Jesus and the Holy Spirit means angels.
- Jas- I think the Holy Spirit means if someone dies their spirit will watch over you
- Mia- I think in the name means- in the name of God and Jesus
- Jake- I think the sign of the cross means- I think Father means God, the Son means Jesus and the Holy Spirit means angels and when you say Amen means you bless them.
- Miss B- I think the Father who is God, then Jesus is the Son and the Holy Spirit is something that lives on, and its a way to open dialogue.
Miss Moore talked about the significance of the three persons in the Trinity being in a relationship together and these persons being the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Where have you heard the word Trinity before?
- Jake- In Mass songs
- Aurora- in the jewel of the crown
- Libby- At Church
We made connections to where we have heard the word Trinity before and what we already know. We talked about the relationship being a relationship of love and God’s love for us.
MINDFULNESS- Gratitude Writing
WRITER’S WORKSHOP/ TEACH A MONSTER TO READ