Let’s work TOGETHER it’s THURSDAY
The wait is over… It’s sleepover day! We have lots of very excited children! A full day of learning before all the fun begins!
BRAINTEASER – LITERACY
In keeping with our theme of past, present and future, our writing prompt for today came in the form of an animated video. A video about the Egyptian pyramids.
We then used our agency and decided how personally would like to respond to the clip. Some of us chose to re-tell the story, create our own narrative, write about what we know about pyramids … the possibilities were endless!
- Krystian- A man went inside to get a trophy but when he got out it was just chocolate
- Libby- he went on a ride that actually looked so real
- Raf- He was getting chased by a mummy that I thought was real
Where was the story set?
- Mia- In a cave
- Jake- In a amusement park
For those who had been given permission today we had our Being Sexual – MITIOG lesson.
We head outside for some vitamin D and to get our heart rates up! Together as a class, we used collaboration to play a modified game of t-ball! We used a soccer ball instead of a T! It was super fun and at the end of the game we made sure we shook hands 🙂
Today for art we did a how to draw workshop.
We then followed this with the children filming their own ‘how to draw video‘. They had to set up their laptops and then record themselves using Photobooth. They were then able to speed the video up to make it go quicker to show the progress of their drawing.
MINDFULNESS – DRAWING
MATH – Multiplication Recap
SEE YOU BACK AT SCHOOL AT 5PM FOR SLEEP OVER. BE DRESSED READY FOR SOME ACTIVE FUN OUTSIDE.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING;
- Something to sleep on eg. an already blown-up mattress, camp bed or yoga mat
- Some bedding or sleeping bag and pillow
- Pyjamas, teddy (optional), slippers or thongs
- Toiletries (toothbrush/toothpaste/hairbrush/hair ties)
- Reusable plastic plate, bowl and spoon to use and take home
- Refillable drink bottle
- Recess and lunch for Friday (canteen order optional)