HAPPY NATIONAL KINDNESS DAY!
“The purpose of World Kindness Day is to look beyond ourselves, beyond the boundaries of our country, beyond our culture, our race, our religion; and realise we are citizens of the world. As world citizens we have a commonality, and must realise that if progress is to be made in human relations and endeavours, if we are to achieve the goal of peaceful coexistence, we must focus on what we have in common.”
Thank you to Rhoda and Jevan and Darcy who bravely read our library story for the week to us.
What would you rate the story? Did you like it?
- Joey- I would rate it a 6 out of 10 because it was fun the cat and dog tried to escape the house.
- Akemjot- I would rate it a 5 out of 10 because I liked the part when they were escaping but it wasn’t that exciting.
- Raf- I would rate it a 8 out of 10 because it was funny. It was funny when the cat didn’t want to go outside.
- Ash- I would rate it a 7 out of 10 because there was pretty good detail but not enough words but the pictures were good.
- Mason- I would rate it 9 out of 10 because I liked the pictures because they were good drawings and had lots of detail.
- Tcross- I would rate it 9 out of 10 because I thought it was really funny and when they owners came home the cat and dog were rushing to clean up.
How was kindness shown in the story?
- Jake – The dog was trying to chew the cat up and make him go outside
- Aurora – Cat and Dog were very different but they tried to make a difference that they were the same. At the end they kind of got better
- Ann – Cats and Dogs don’t usually play with each other unlike real life where they don’t like each other
- Ava – The Cat and Dog
We borrowed our new books for the week and began reading 🙂
- William – We did Day of the Dead making
- Ebony – I made two flowers
- Anna – I made a VISCO skull
- Libby – Aurora is kind to me because when I need help she helps me
- Aurora – Lara is a kind and good friend. Whenever I am sad she will always make me happy and laugh
- Lara – Miss Moore is a great teacher
- Miss Moore – Rhoda is one of the best helpers I have ever had. She alway knows the next thing I need. Kayden is very creative and good at basketball
- Rhoda – Kiziah is a very nice friend
- Kiziah – Mary is very kind and beautiful
- Mary – Keren is really nice and smart
- Keren – Ashvarn is very kind
- Ash – Mia is very intelligent
- Mia – Annaliese always stands up for others and always thinks of others
- Annaliese – Bianca is nice and kind to me
- Bianca – Akemjot is very funny
- Akemjot – Kristina is kind
- Kristina – Tcross is a generous friend and she never lets me down
- Tcross – Angok is very sporty and kind
- Angok – Mason is very nice
- Mason – Nevada is always kind to her friends
- Nevada – Cierra is a very kind friend
- Cierra – Eva is very kind and beautiful and always comes to school with a smile
- Eva – Ebony is very kind and beautiful
- Ebony – Holly is nice and kind and beautiful
- Holly – Lynn is full of love and curiosity
- Lynn – Ava is kind because she gives me fruit sometimes
- Ava – Jake is not only kind but he’s generous, humorous and creative
- Jake – Nate is a very cool friend and he’s funny and he’s one of my best friends
- Nate – Andy is kind because he lets people play with him and he’s very intelligent
- Andy – Kurt helps me do my work
- Kurt – William is kind and intelligent and he has a funny emotion
- William – Jevan is fast and kind
- Jevan – Darcy is a nice friend and he’s very funny
- Darcy – Lucas is kind and funny
- Lucas – Dion is a kind friend and always plays with me
- Noah – Aidan is a kind friend and always plays with me
- Dion – Noah is kind friend because he always lets me play
- Aidan – Jasmine is one of the best friends in the world
- Jasmine – Ann is really kind and she is good at art
- Ann – Bella has been there for me since reception and always has a smile
- Bella – Anna is kind and funny
- Anna – Deakyn is really funny and fast and brave!
- DD – Raf is a good friend and he’s energetic
- Raf – Joey is creative, adventurous and has a nice sense of humour
- Joey – Iris really brights up the school
- Iris – Jaiden is really funny and nice
- Jaiden – Makur is a kind friend, when I fall down he always helps me
- Makur – Miss B is nice and generous and fast
- Miss Battifuoco – Frankie is very very inclusive which means she always lets anyone play with her
- Frankie – Libby is really nice and funny
- Kayden – Joey is kind and lets me join and teaches me new stuff
After prayer we head outside to get out heart rates pumping and let off some energy before our PAT Reading Test. We warmed up with a backwards walk to the oval, some running stamina and then played a whole class game of capture the flag! Have a look at the collaboration skills!!
As a class we completed the second part of the PAT testing. Today we focussed on reading! Fantastic job to all of our students for showing a HUGE GROWTH MINDSET!
What is a push?
- Darcy – A push is when you like throw it
- Deakyn – A push is when you push a car forward
- Tcross – A push is when you use your force to push something like a ball
- Joey – A push is when push away from you
- Jevan – A push is when you move something and it goes forwards
What is a pull?
- Angok – A pull a chair
- Bianca – A pull us for example if you pull a door that means pull
- Mia – A pull is when you try to achieve something to come to you
- Raf – A pull is when you pull it to the direction like you’re pulling it to you
Provocation for TONIGHT: Use your 100 languages to show 1 example of a push force and 1 example of a pull force. Record/write/draw your findings using your laptop skills. Please ask your children about this activity and feel free to join in on the learning fun!
As part of our end of year reports, we have chance to share our own social and academic learning and reflections. We worked on these this afternoon – stayed tuned to read them in our reports!