Hi all! Welcome to…
Some games or apps tell stories. Write or create an advertisement for your favourite game!
- Dion – I love Fifa and you can play with your friends and play soccer
- Raf – I did Super Smash Bros. I play it on Nintendo
- Darcy – I like Minecraft because you can build stuff and go on adventures with friends
- Samurai – My favourite game was Star Wars and I play on PS4!
- Noah – My favourite game is Jump Force! You can do missions and do multiplayer with friends
- Keren – Aqua Park.io is an app I play on my mums phone. It’s like a real waterslide!
- Aurora – My favourite game is Monopoly! I like it because if you’re 8 you can buy stuff when you’re only 8 so you pretend you’re an adult!
- Nate – I play Forza Horizon! It is a racing game but you can do anything
- Mia – I play at my uncles house Super MarioKart and you get to race people
- Anna – My favourite game is Roblox because there are lots of games inside like inside one game!
- Joey – My favourite game is Injustice. I play that on Play Station. It is a superhero game and you choose characters and you get to choose a place to fight in the place
Once we finished our advertisements we had some time to practice our reading! It is so super important that we are reading each and every day. We are trying to increase our reading stamina. Today our goal was 10 minutes of straight reading but we couldn’t quite reach it. That’s okay – there’s always tomorrow! And the next day… and the next!
Today for our art study we are exploring famous artist Frida Kahlo. We read a story about her life and how she became an artist.
The children were able to choose a Frida portrait to recreate. They were given 5 different images to choose from and then had a go at drawing them on brown paper, creating an outline and then adding some colour. Miss Moore gave an example of how she used a growth mindset to have a go at the activity.