WOW it’s Term 4. Here we go!!!!!
We hope that you all had a wonderful 2 weeks break and are ready to come back for another term of learning and fun in 3JM and 3IB. We missed you all and have lots planned for the coming term.
Here are some important dates for your calendar;
Bring a plant donation for Spring Fair, Thursday Week 1 17th October
Pupil Free Day Friday Week 1 18th October
Spring Fair Sunday 20th October
Sports Day Friday Week 2 25th October (School Oval)
T-Ball Carnival Tuesday Week 3 28th October
Disco Friday Week 5 15th November
POSITIVE ED – CLARA Reflections and Goal Setting
Whats this about?
This dimension is about taking responsibility for my own learning and for improving it. It’s about how I manage my feelings, my time, my energy, my actions and the things I need to achieve my goals. It’s about knowing what I want to achieve – and why, then knowing how to go about it; stepping out on the path towards my goals. People who have Mindful Agency take time to reflect and think things through; they like to understand the big picture and how each part fits together. They plan ahead and ask questions like, ‘Where am I coming from?’, ‘Where am I now?’, ‘Where am I going?’ and ‘How will this task help me to get there?’ Learners with very little Mindful Agency are quite likely to react hastily or mindlessly to whatever they encounter. They are less self-aware and may confuse self-awareness with self-consciousness
Mindful agency looks like;
- Thoughtful about intentions
- Makes conscious choices about how to learn
- Plans and applies effective learning strategies
- Reflects on personal learning experiences
- Takes responsibility for own development
Today we explored what mindful agency is. We talked about what it means and what is looks like when we are learning. The children then made their own definition of mindful agency and then wrote 3 goals out for term 4.
LITERACY- Recount Writing
The children wrote a recount about their holidays. We recapped what a recount needs and went through the process of writing one. We gave an example of how it can be written.
INVESTIGATIONS – Holidays
The children had a holiday inspired investigations where they were able to show us what they got up to with their 100 languages.
We used a listening story for mindfulness today that was the warm up preposition activity. The children had to place different items on a picture in different positions.
LITERACY – Prepositions
This afternoon we explored prepositions. We first started by learning what a preposition is and then completed a series of different activities that used skills in recognising and using prepositions.
Here is a sample of some of the activities they did. You can see the children’s finished work on their laptop.
In the holidays it was Mason and Holly’s birthdays. We celebrated by singing them Happy Birthday in our special 3JM and 3IB way and finished with some bucket filling.
- Joey– Mason your a very good friend.
- Angok– Mason is so nice to everyone body
- Mia– Mason always smiles
- Darcy– Your kind to people
- Maddox– You are a good friend
- Jake– You are kind and nice
- Ann– You are really nice and a good friend
- Jas– You always help people when they are sad
- Bella– You are very funny
- Libby- When I always see you, you make me feel happy
- Aurora- You are a very nice friend and we look alike
- Frankie- You always let everyone join in
- Aidan- You are a good friend and help people when they are sad
- Joey- Your a very good friend
We ended our day with some fitness.
THURSDAY is CASUAL DAY a bring a donation of a PLANT for the SPRING FAIR plant sale!