Write a story about what is happening in the gif below…
We played a round of sprint dodgeball! Today we mixed up the teams and saw great teamwork by all.
Why is giving better or what can you give to others?
- Krystian- Giving is better because if someone doesn’t have anything you can give them what they need
- Dion- Give poor people food if they don’t have any
- Holly- Giving is better because if you give people different things it will make their heart filled
- Cierra- I can give people toys if they don’t have any
- Lynn- Giving is better because if you give maybe you can receive
- Frankie- Giving is better because if someone doesn’t a lot of food or money you can give them food or money so they can be happy
- Bianca- Giving is better because if you see someone on the street that is homeless you can give them money or food
Prayers for giving…
- Kurt- Dear God, please let other people be nice and give other people things because if other people might not have what they need
- Mason- Dear God, please let my family live longer or I won’t know what to do
- Noah- Dear God, please make everybody nice so we can give people clothes if they don’t have any
- Libby- Dear God, please help people that don’t really know that giving is better than receiving
- Mia- Dear God, please help people that don’t have enough money
- Jake- Dear God, please keep everyone not poor and homeless because then we wouldn’t have to give them as many things as we do now
The children worked on their on investigations between recess and lunch.
This afternoon we worked in groups to present some drama provocations. The children were split into groups of 4 and were given a Christmas provocation. They had to choose a narrator and then act out the provocation.
Below is the provocations. The children did an INCREDIBLE job at performing in front of the rest of the class.
This afternoon we said goodbye to our friend Will. He is moving interstate and is going on a holiday before he goes. We will miss you Will!
What a day to wonder, it’s Wednesday
Today is the last day the children will borrow for the year. Their books will need to be returned for the end of the year next week.
The story we read today was ‘The First Christmas.’
Thank you to Holly and Anna who read the story to us.
What was the story about?
- Angok – It was about three kids
- Jevan – It was about Christmas and Jesus being born
- Lynn – It was about the first Christmas
- Aurora – It was about how it was the first Christmas and how Christmas started. It told us that Jesus’ birthday is on the same day as Christmas
- Bianca – It was the first Christmas
- Jasmine – We got to answer some questions about our art work that we made
What is Advent?
- Krystian – On Christmas they light candles about Jesus. They represent emotions
- Deakyn – There are feelings in the candles. Love, joy…
- Cierra – Advent is when we light a candle eery week until Christmas
- Libby – Advent is when you have candles and the 4 meanings are; peace, love, joy and hope and one for when Jesus is born
- Jevan – Advent is where you light candles and there are three purple candles and one white for Christmas
- Mia – Every Sunday we light a candle in church and on the last Sunday you light the last the candle
Following on from our learning about Advent on Monday the children reflected using art their interpretation of the advent candles. Here is the children’s interpretations…
The children were agents of their own mindfulness this afternoon when they had to choose how they would relax their body. There was a list of different choices that we have done over the year for them to choose from.
This afternoon we used all of our math skills in a whole class quiz.
Please remember to bring back excursion notes and pay for dining hall shared lunch.
Welcome to TREMENDOUS TUESDAY!
BRAINTEASER – CHOOSE DAY TUESDAY
Would you rather be a reindeer or an elf…?
Would you rather give or receive a present…?
Would you rather Father Christmas came down the chimney or through the front door…?
Provocation: Find a partner and give each other different math sums to work out and record!
We visited Grevillia Park today. Skills of collaboration, teamwork, risk-taking and nature play were on show! Look at our awesome group photo at the end 🙂
PRAYER – What really happens when we are grateful?
- Libby – You can get better sleep
- Angok – Smile more
- Nevada – You become happier
- Jevan – You get kinder so you can do other stuff for people
- Lynn – When you are grateful, peoples minds get happier and they even try their best for something
- Anna – You can help people and tell them something like a compliment
- Holly – When you’re grateful you’re calmer
- Bianca – When you’re grateful you’re calm and kind
- Ava – When you’re grateful you can feel more happy and get rid of all the bad things that come into your mind
- Annaliese – When you’re kind you have to be nice to everyone
What are you grateful for already in your day?
- Libby – I am grateful for going to the park because it was really fun
- Makur – I am grateful for the park and recess
- Mia – I am grateful for going to the park
- Frankie – I am grateful for the food that I ate today because some people don’t have a lot of food
- Rhoda – I am grateful for the brainteaser that we did this morning
- Lara – I am grateful for playing with my friends at the park
- Anna – I am grateful for playing handball with friends and being a dinosaur with Jake
- Bianca – I am grateful for the park because we played there
- Jevan – I am grateful for fitness so we could have fun with our friends
- Ava – I am grateful for playing with Bianca and playing spies
MATHS – PLACE VALUE RECAP
Together we discussed the different facts of place value that we know! We spoke about the different values of each column and how to represent numbers using expanded form and blocks! Each of us had a go at representing different numbers using different forms of place value.
- Makur – We played European Handball and I got to score
MINDFULNESS – ONLINE STORY BOOK
This afternoon together we read our new Shared Text…..
What type of character was the Grinch at the start?
- Jevan – He was a mean character. He took all the presents and everything in the house
- Akemjot – Because I think he wanted to ruin Christmas for everyone so he could get all the presents
- Anna – The Grinch was mean and awful at the start because he didn’t really like Christmas because it was too noisy. He was feeling left out
- Lynn – I think the Grinch stole Christmas because he heard everyone singing and it made him have a headache so he ruined Christmas so they could stop
- Deakyn – He took all the presents from the people and he saw them still celebrating Christmas
What did the people in Who-ville do once they found out the Grinch was trying to ruin Christmas?
- Angok – They sing
What did this show to The Grinch?
- Ann – They still want to celebrate Christmas even without presents they still wanted to celebrate they wanted to give than receive
We were given various activity provocations originating from the story – The Grinch including; Character Profiles, Wanted Posters etc.
Have a lovely night! We will see you tomorrow for library borrowing day!
POSITIVE EDUCATION- Mood and Control
- Anna – A mood is like your emotions and how you feel
- Holly – So you can be happy
- Lynn – You might feel sad or surprised and that is your mood
- Libby- A mood is when you might feel happy, sad or surprised
- Nate- A mood is when you are feeling angry, happy or sometimes sad
- Cierra- A mood is when you can feel an emotion
- Mia- A mood is when you have emotion
- Akem- A mood is when you have emotion like a happy feeling you are kind to people and a angry feeling you would be crazy
Provocation: How can you steer your mood into a better one?
- Iris – Reading a book
- Holly – By doing all the stuff I like and that makes me happy
- Anna – Thinking good thoughts
- Nevada- By believing in myself
- Kurt – Going into a peaceful place
- Deakyn – Thinking about good things from the past
- Ann – Hanging out with friends and playing Roblox
- Aidan – By blading with my friends
- Ebony – Hanging with my friend and family
- Jake – Think about good things and seeing Mickey Mouse
- Jevan – Helping other people out because that makes me happy
- Darcy – Doing nice things and thinking about smiling
- Makur – Think about doing nice things
- Andy – By playing
- Ava – Remember my uncle bringing me things from Japan
- Bella – Doing chores for my family
- Rhoda- My reading books and playing with my friends
- Cierra- By thinking happy thoughts and always smiling
- Libby- Thinking about all the things that make me happy
- Mia- Thinking about good things and reading books that are my favourite
- Akem- By doing finger breaths because they control my mood
- Liz- Thinking of something exciting that is happening
- Raf- Playing with my dad and my friends
- Kristina- By going into a peaceful place and not thinking about bad things
- TT- By calming my self down and maybe even try to solve what is going on
- Keren- I can think about good memories and happy things
- Joey- Playing with my friends
- Mary- By saying positive things to my self to fix the problem and reading books
- Dion- Thinking about the good things and not the bad things
- Frankie- Thinking about good things
- Nate- By thinking about things I like
- Lucas- Reading
- Noah- Helping my mum dad and sister
- Lara- Making up quickly if I fight with my family
- Eva- Hanging out with friends and family and putting a smile on my face
- Jaiden- I can make my self be happy
- Annaliese- When people say sorry it makes me happy
- Krystian- When I talk to my friends and play
This is our school.
Let peace dwell here.
Let the room be filled with contentment.
Let love abide.
Let there be among us care of all people, love for one another and love for life its self.
Let us remember that as many hands build a school so many hearts make a home.
God Bless Our School.
In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Ava- Dear God, please look after my whole entire family, Amen
- Kristina- Dear God, thank you for my friends. Amen
- Lynn- Dear God, please let the bush fires end in Sydney, the fire fighters are using so much stamina, Amen
- Mia- Dear God, thank you for the school so we can learn stuff and make friends, Amen
- Aurora- Dear God, thank you for my mum and dad because they do lots for me and when we found out I needed to get my tooth removed I knew it would be a lot of money so I am grateful my dad goes to work to earn money for me, Amen
- TT- Dear God, thank you for moods and feelings because if we didn’t have any moods or feelings we wouldn’t be able to express ourselves, Amen
- Darcy- I made a Christmas present house, I made a tiny one then a big one with Jaiden
- Jaiden- Me and Darcy made a small Christmas present and Christmas house
- Jevan- Me and Jake made a Christmas town and it had different houses and a workshop
- Mia- In investigations, me and Keren discovered about all the planets and we learn’t new things
- Annaliese- Me and Bianca made a box and we put a door and made these letters and put sticky tape and stuck it onto the thing
Today for mindfulness we did some reading.
This afternoon we explored Advent. The children learnt what Advent means, the significance and use of the candles of Advent in the lead up to Christmas. They then had to share their learning in their own way. Some children choose to write, draw, type, make iMovies or use other digital technology programs.
Welcome to FRIYAY November 21!
Well done to all the children who participated in the different sporting carnivals throughout the year. These children were presented to the school! Great growth mindset guys! 🙂
Do you think Jesus and God would be proud of your sporting efforts? Why?
- Aidan – We tried hard
- Jake – It is something that you’re proud of so Jesus or God is proud of you
- Joey – God would be proud because you tried your best and didn’t give up
- Anna – God and Jesus are proud of us because we tried our hardest and tried a growth mindset
- Aurora – I think God and Jesus are proud of us because we worked hard to get the opportunity to do it
- Deakyn – We use all our bravery and perseverance for it
- Mia – If its not your thing you can still try it using bravery
What do you think is the one thing God and Jesus are proud of with you?
- Noah – I think Jesus is proud of me because I am helping my mum with everything
- Angok – I think Jesus is proud of me because I help my mum
- Jaiden – I think Jesus is proud of me because I draw. When I can’t draw it and I keep trying
- Frankie – I think God is proud of me when I try new things
- William – I think God is proud of me because I am smart at school
- Nate – I think God is proud of me because I help people when they need help
- Krystian – I think God is proud of me because we all try at the carnivals and in class
- Keren – God is proud of me because I listen to my older sisters
- Makur – I think God is proud of me because I help my uncle
Specks of Gold from our Week
- Aidan – My speck of gold for the week is going to the Book Fair
- Angok – My speck of gold for the week is having investigations
- Andy – My speck of gold for the week is fitness
- Akemjot – My speck of gold for the week is doing art in this classroom
- Ann – My speck of gold for the week is investigations
- Annaliese – My speck of gold for the week is playing with my friends and different people
- Anna – My speck of gold for the week is Miss B giving me this and Manseerat’s birthday
- Aurora – My speck of gold for the week is coming back to school
- Ash – My speck of gold for the week is the sports presentation
- Ava – My speck of gold for the week is learning a new program today
- Bianca – My speck of gold for the week is playing with my cousin
- Cierra – My speck of gold for the week is playing handball
- Deakyn– My speck of gold for the week is Dion because he’s like a brother to me and we think of the same thing almost all the time
- Dion – My speck of gold for the week is playing with Deakyn
- Ebony – My speck of gold for the week is playing hand ball with friends
- Eva – My speck of gold for the week is having investigations
- Frankie – My speck of gold for the week is being friends with Holly
- Gabriella – My speck of gold for the week is playing cricket at sports
- Holly – My speck of gold for the week is playing with Frankie
- Iris – My speck of gold for the week is doing investigations
- Jas – My speck of gold for the week is having fun with friends
- Jaiden – My speck of gold for the week is learning
- Joey – My speck of gold for the week is doing art
- Jake – My speck of gold for the week is my delicious and really tasty lunch
- Keren – My speck of gold for the week is going into the library at lunch
- Kiziah – My speck of gold for the week is going on the oval
- Kristina – My speck of gold for the week is doing a project about clouds
- Kurt – My speck of gold for the week is playing Bey Blades with my friends
- Krystian – My speck of gold for the week is playing Bey Blades with my friends
- Lucas – My speck of gold for the week is doing math
- Lara – My speck of gold for the week is doing drama
- Lynn – My speck of gold for the week is being with the whole class
- Libby – My speck of gold for the week is doing drama
- Mary – My speck of gold for the week is the quiz is fun
- Mia – My speck of gold for the week is doing home work
- Mason – My speck of gold for the week is playing chasey with my friends
- Maddox – My speck of gold for the week is playing games with my friends
- Makur – My speck of gold for the week is
- Noah – My speck of gold for the week is learning new things every day
- Nevada – My speck of gold for the week is playing handball with my sister and Cierra
- Nate – My speck of gold for the week is playing with all my friends
- Rhoda – My speck of gold for the week is doing vertical subtraction
- Samurai – My speck of gold for the week is playing Bey Blades
- Tcross – My speck of gold for the week is doing drama and art
- William – My speck of gold for the week is doing math
We ended our Friday with some collaborative games on the oval.
Have a lovely weekend! See you in week 7!
THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX
Today we brought back our Thursday Think Outside the Box Brainteaser. The children had to use the image below to create a new picture but it couldn’t be a Christmas tree.
This is what they came up with…
Today we continued our drama experiences. The children did a warm up activity where they had to say their voice in a monster voice around the circle, they all then said hello in a robot voice. We then played a game of walk across the circle. The children put up their hand if they wanted to have a turn and then crossed the circle in different ways. For example like a ballerina, like an astronaut, bird, car and so on. We then played a game of charades. It was a lot of fun.
We saw a lot of patience and perseverance as the children stepped out of their comfort zones to act in front of the class.
Round 2 of Sprint Dodgeball. This time it was 3IB’s turn to kick and 3JM’s turn to field. Here are some snaps of the children during the game.
Today for prayer the children came in to a provocation on the board. We want them to be reflective during prayer and think about the person Jesus was and the qualities he displayed.
ART – Sunflower Art
We read the story Lemonade in Winter for mindfulness today.
MATH- Vertical Subtraction
This afternoon we continued our learning with vertical subtraction and the children used their subtraction skills to answer lots of vertical sums.
Please remember to pay for dining hall lunch ($5) on the app or bring in the money to school and return the excursion note.
Welcome to WELL-BEING WEDNESDAY!
Today, and all days, our motto is…
- Ebony – We had to use realism to draw different Spanish art
Today we read the story ‘Dasher‘ written by Matt Tavares.
What did you like about the story? What was the moral?
- Jevan – Always be with your family
- Deakyn – It was explaining about Christmas and Santa
- Ava – No matter what you do you can always get to your dreams
We borrowed our new books for the week and began reading them! Please remember to be bringing your backs home and back to school each day for as much practice as possible 🙂
We drew on our friend Mr. Mojo to help us with prayer today. We watched a new video about RESPECT.
Why did Katie show Mojo the special VIM mirror?
- Jake – Katie wanted to show Mojo that he wasn’t being nice to his friends and he was kind of bossy and strict
- Libby – Katie showed Mojo because she might have saw how strict he was being
- Cierra – She showed him the mirror because she thought he was being a bit rude to everyone
- Lynn – Katie showed Mojo the mirror because she wanted to see the mirror so he could see if he’s rude or not
- Was Mojo not being respectful? Is that different from being mean?
- Jevan – Respecting people means being kind to them and disrespecting means being mean to them
- Ash – Respecting means respect people the way you want. If you put dis in front that means you aren’t respecting
- Akemjot – Respecting means if you want to be respected good that means others do too
- How did Jesus show respect?
- Mia – Jesus showed respect by making the world a better place and helping people
- Aidan – Jesus showed respect by giving us the world
- Anna – Jesus showed respect by being kind to others and doing what they want
- Rhoda – Jesus showed respect by not stealing
- Frankie – Jesus was showing respect by being to other people and helping them
- Kurt – Jesus was showing respect by helping a blind man
Building on our learning surrounding Procedures today we got the chance to create our own free choice Procedure! First of all we discussed what every successful procedure needs…
TITLE, METHOD, PICTURES, VIDEO IF YOU WISH!
- Ava – Clay making
- Mia – Drawing
- Kurt – Drawing
- Jevan – Making a house out of blocks
- Aidan – Putting a Bey Blade together
- Libby – How to make slime
- Mary – How to make slime
- DD – Recipe
- Lara – Drawing
- Anna – Drawing
- Maddox – Origami
- Andy – Origami
- Jake – Making a house out of blocks
- Cierra – Drawing
- Keren – Drawing
- Kiziah – Slime
- Ebony – How to make a lego house
- Eva – How to make a lego house
- Will – How to do maths
- Jaiden – Drawing
- Lucas – Drawing
- Tcross – Slime
- Kristina – Slime
- Dion – Drawing
- Mason – Drawing
- Samurai – Paper airplane
- Ash – Drawing
- Holly – How to make a house out of sticks
- Akemjot – Drawing
- Lynn – How to make slime
- Frankie – How to build a house out of sticks
- Rhoda – How to build a house out of sticks
The perfect experiment on a day like today… HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR HEAT TO BE ABSORBED!? The great part of our science learning is that it links in perfectly with procedure writing!
Provocation: Metal spoon, plastic spoon, wooden spoon, butter, hot water… which will absorb heat the quickest?!
- Lucas – I think the metal spoon will get the hottest
- Kurt – I think the metal spoon will absorb it and melt the butter
- Lara – I think the plastic spoon will be hot
Together as a class we completed the science experiment write up step by step. Some kind volunteers helped us place the butter on each spoon and we had our helpful timers ready to record how long it took for the butter to start to melt. We then wrote our own conclusion about the results of the experiment.
MINDFULNESS – READING
We finished off our warm afternoon with some charade practice! We guessed different moves, emotions and actions.
Libby also shared with us her solo calisthenics video – well done Libby we think you’re super brave!
Have a lovely night and try to keep cool!!!!
LITERACY – PROCEDURES
Who can tell me what a procedure is?
- Jaiden- step by step
Where can you find them?
- Nate- When you are making a table or Lego
- Libby- You can find them in a cook book
- Iris- Recipes
- Jake- Building a house
Today the procedure we will be looking at is ‘How to tie your shoe laces!’. Miss Battifuoco showed an example of the procedure including pictures and videos, the rest was up to us 🙂
Today Miss B invented a new game for fitness. We played 3Jm vs 3IB in a game of sprint dodge ball. One team would roll the ball to the other and they would have to kick the ball and then sprint between two cones. The fielding team would then have to try to get the person who was sprinting. Today we got to play one round and will hopefully play another tomorrow or Thursday.
Nate and Will conducted our prayer reflection today. Nate spoke and will scribed.
Nate – What was the song meaning in the video?
- Krystian-It was about love courge
- Ava-Nothing can get to your and hope
- Akemjot-The song was about love and kindness
- Mia-All dreams are wonderful
- Anna-I think the video was about teamwork because the dear helped the sheep and the bunny get up
Prayers for today:
- Jake- Dear God, thank you for this world because if we didn’t have planet earth we would be flying in space
MATH – Vertical Subtraction
We introduced vertical subtraction and the children had a go at some different sums that challenged their skills. We will continue this learning this week.
This afternoon the children did a math assessment that focused on a range of different skills we have learnt this year. This enabled them to recap these skills and use them in different number and worded questions.
FRANKIE’S 9TH BIRTHDAY
Bucket Filling for FRANKIE!
- Holly- You always have a smile on your face
- TT- Since I first met her she is very funny and has lots of humour and lets everyone in the game
- Aidan- You are a good girl
- DD- You are generous and kind to your friends
- Rhoda- You are kind and beautiful
- Eva- You are beautiful, lovely and kind
- Libby- You are a beautiful, kind, loving and amazing friend
- Lara- You are a wonderful friend
WELCOME TO MAGICAL MONDAY!
We hope you had a wonderful weekend filled with many Specks of Gold! Ours sure were…
I dare you not to laugh…
What makes you laugh?
- Libby- What makes me laugh is funny youtube videos
- Jaiden- When someone makes me laugh and we both laugh
- Nate- When dogs tease other dogs
- Eva- When someone tells me a really funny joke
- Mia- When someone tells me a joke and we do funny things together
- Akem- It makes me laugh when people tell me a good joke
- Kiziah- When Mary tells funny stories or does something funny
- Rhoda- When ever my friends do something funny
How do you feel when you laugh?
- Cierra- I feel energised and happy
- TT- My bucked it filled
- Kristina- When I laugh I feel happy
- Lucas- I feel happy
- Mason- I feel good when stuff is funny
- Krystian- I feel happy
- Dion- I feel excited
- Joey- I feel humorous
- Jaiden- I feel tired if I laugh too much
- Lara- I feel happy
- Raf- I can’t breath when I laugh too much
Turn to the person next to you and tell them a joke to make them laugh!
Provocation – Use the word HUMOUR to create an acrostic poem:
Today it is Miss Corrine’s birthday. She is a very kind and lovely volunteer who comes into our classroom every week to read to the children. Today we gave her a very special happy birthday with our song and some bucket filling.
- Ann- You are really nice and love to help kids read and that’s nice
- Tcross- I have seen around since reception and you are beautiful and sweet
- Jaiden- This women is a nice teacher and she helps people read and when I get stuck she helps me
- Akem- Miss Corrine is a very good reader and always helps me
- Lynn- Miss Corrine is very nice to help our class read
- Krystian- Miss Corrine is very nice because she helps me to read
We talked about how volunteers give up their time to do things for us out of love and the children said some prayers for those who help us…
- Lucas – Dear God, thank you for my parents because they always give me food, Amen
- Aidan- Dear God, thank you for my friends because they always cheer me up when I play with them, Amen
- Eva- Dear God, thank you for my friend and family because they always help me, Amen
- Ann- Dear God, please help the people that volunteer to be successful in life because they do it just for love, Amen
- Ebony- Dear God, thank you for my friends and family, Amen
- Anna- Dear God, thank you for the people who give up their time for us, Amen
The children had agency to lead their own learning for investigations today. There was lots of creativity and curiosity as the children turned to room into many different things. There was a cafe, a house, an arena, as well as creations made from boxes into many different things.
Today we read Cloudette for mindfulness. It was a digital story and the children were able to follow on the screen as we read.
Sometimes being small can have its advantages. If you’re a little cloud like Cloudette, people call you cute nicknames, and you can always find a good spot to watch the fireworks. But what about when you want to do something big, like help a giant garden grow, or make a brook babble?
This charming book gets at the heart of what it means to make a difference no matter your size. The children can find much to relate to in Cloudette as they follow her on her pursuit for greatness.
Today we used the Literacy Shed for a Christmas writing prompt. We started with a 3 minute advert about the Greatest Christmas Gift. We opened dialogue about the advert and the message of the greatest gift being giving your self and your time to others at Christmas time. The writing provocation was to create a narrative with the title ‘The Greatest Christmas Gift’.
Akemjot’s birthday is today!!!
- Ava- You are very humorous and very kind and full of lots of energy and stamina
- Angok- You are good at cricket
- Joey- You’re a good friend and he always plays with me
- Mia- You are energetic
- Miss Moore- You are creative and always make me laugh