Ash Wednesday

Today we celebrated Ash Wednesday has a whole school in the Saint John   Paul 11 Hall.

The Theme of the mass was “We are Called to be Merciful.”

A theme which challenges us in the way we think and interact with others.

Father Shibu stated in his homily to succeed in this challenge we must Pray, Fast and Share.

In my Prayer I reflect on my daily life and where I have allowed God to be a part of words and actions. I contemplate about where I have empowered others and also what changes I could make and also where I may be of greater assistance.

Fasting I define as do my words and actions serve only my purpose or does that give greater meaning and purpose to others lives?  Furthermore, are there inhibitors in what I do and say that hold me back from successfully engaging myself and others in achieving our goals.

Finally, Sharing do I only give only what I want to contribute or am I courageous enough to take risks and accept losing out along the way? I believe in high risk high reward and and if I limit my outcomes I won’t achieve as much as I could. Hence, the only person losing out is me.

As Matthew 25:39-40 says,

“Then the ones who pleased the Lord will ask,

‘When did we give you something to eat or drink?

When did we welcome you has a stranger or give you clothes to wear or visit you

while you were sick or in jail?”

The king will answer,

“Whenever you did it for any of my people,

no matter how unimportant they seemed,

you did it for me.”

Praying, Fasting and Sharing leads to changing not only mine but hopefully the livesof those I encounter.

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 9.22.05 AM